Bf510--sunshine - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bf510--sunshine

Thank you for a warm welcome.

Jim McCreadie
    Fremantle
    God's Country

Default Bf510 - Sunshine

Pursuant to my previous entries, I believe "Sunshine" may have been a Zulu. Any Zulu photos on the site?

Jim McCreadie

Hi JIM, If you want to know about zulus, the man you need is Macflett, his forefathers built them in Banffshire, and he has a very good web-site about old boatbuilders, better not say too much about east coast teams because he is in QLD.
    Regards
    George

Hello Jim no i am not related to the Murrays? i have Family tree members in Saltcoats way back Sea Captains and around Ayrshire. i saw this link up on a few boards and i was looking for info many thanks Mark.

Thanks Mark. Are you related to the Saltcoats REIDs; another "fishing" family of the same era with their own boats?

Jim

Thanks for the thumbs up on the website George. I get a bit of new info filtering in, that may otherwise have been lost, which is pretty satisfying. A possible new bit of info -

As many people are aware, the bible of the sailing drifter era is 'Sailing Drifters' by Edgar March. Quite a lot of info re zulus & scaffies, came from a William McIntosh, whose obit can be read here
    http://glennmci.brinkster.net/uphigh...ug_23_1956.jpg

Apparently Edgar March sent him a copy which is now in the possession of his grandson Ian McIntosh. This copy has quite a few handwritten notes in the margins, which may make for some interesting reading. I haven't managed to check it out yet.

And George - when it comes to Aussie Rules sides, I'm for the west coast sides like Jim. I was brought up in rugby league country, and was not introduced to Aussie Rules until I lived in the west in the late 70's and early 80's.

Also I pointed out to Jim that I doubt SUNSHINE was a zulu, and as Davie posted earlier on this thread.