Information on Yvonne Risager or Y Risager please

Thread: Information on Yvonne Risager or Y Risager please

Smile Information on Yvonne Risager or Y Risager please

Hello, I am new to this site so hope this is ok, I am looking for any information and/or photos of fishing boats my Dad was on. His name was Ib Hansen, he was Danish and died nearly 16 years ago. I believe he was on a boat called the M A Kirk with Thomas Kirk fishing from Grimsby then the Isle of Man. He came to Whitehaven from the Isle of Man, where he met my Mam, about 50 years ago. The boat I remember him fishing on and skippering in Whitehaven when I was a kid was the Yvonne Risager or Y Risager, I think owned by Neils Thomsen and possibley Whitehaven registered. I would be grateful if anyone who can remember my Dad would share their memories and/or photos with me! Thank you. - Heidi

Default Yvonne Risager SD 50

Hi Skjold, thank you for that photo, that boat looks very much like the one I remember Dad skippering in Whitehaven possibley about 10 years later than that picture. She was painted light blue when he was on her. Is it ok for me to save a copy of the picture? Regards, Heidi

Hello Heidi,
    I remember the Y Risager, Danish built with a counter type stern and large foremast at the trawl for prawns on West Coast usually out of Oban and Crinan, at Colonsay/Mull grounds and down off Islay/Jura, this would be late 60's early to mid 70's skippered/owned by Davie Fairbairn from Dunbar. She was sold when he took delivery of the Highland Queen. Seem to recall seeing her in the Clyde some time after this, don't know if she had been converted.
    PM Jonah or Young Ronnie as they will be able to give you a full history of her time in Dunbar and where she went after her time there.
    Regards, John

Default Y Risager info

Hello Johntar,
    Thank you very much for that information, very useful - I'm getting quite a bit of history on her now - what a brillian site!
    Thanks again
    Regards
    Heidi