Book: Scottish Fishing Vessels of the Nineteen Century.

Thread: Book: Scottish Fishing Vessels of the Nineteen Century.

Default Book: Scottish Fishing Vessels of the Nineteen Century.

This book by Hamish Barber is a guide to building scale model fishing boats. Lots of drawings and useful step by step photos of building the boats. A guide to clench-built open boats. A guide to building carval-hulled decked boats. It covers some of the history of Scottish built fishing boats. Mr Barber has a large number of his models on display at the Scottish Fisheries Museum in Anstruther. He has also models on display at Nairn Fishertown Museum, Helmsdale Heritage Museum, Ullapool Museum and Annan Museum. If you are near any of these museums please go and see them as they are works of art. The book number ISBN 1-4196-2002-9. I bought it off the internet(Amazon.com) price 12.35 +pp. Well worth the money if you want to build old type model fishing boats.

Default Hamish Barber

hello, could you tell me if the book by Hamish Barber contains any informatiopn on the old "scaffie" type boats, i,m in the process of building one at the moment
    thanks
    les

Default Scaffie

Hi Iezzers,
    Yes this book contains information on Scaffies. There are lines and a sheer plan and also sail plan of the Moray Firth Scaffie Gratitude of Portnockie BCK252. There is two photos of the finnished model.
    Sorry for the delay in my reply was off line with computer trouble.
    Bruce B.
    Last edited by Bruce Buchanan; 16th December 2009 at 13:18. Reason: Spelling in name

Sounds like a very interesting read ! i had a look on amazon but they dont have any so if anybody has seen it on sale or has any ideas please let me know ,

Regards Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andysmodels View Post
    Sounds like a very interesting read ! i had a look on amazon but they dont have any so if anybody has seen it on sale or has any ideas please let me know ,

Regards Andy
    Andy,
    I have sent you email to your web site.
    Bruce B

Cheers for your help Bruce , let the hunt begin

Andy