Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coble and double-ender register

Thanx for that, Paul. Have been given various dates for this one, one of which was 1961. Ronnie Dawson, the builder, thought it was later, but time plays tricks with memories!

I am the current owner of a Filey coble called Neptune 2 after a very long journey down the motorway! She is moored in Newquay, Cornwall and is a cracking fishing boat for myself and my family. Does anyone know anything about her? Where she was built, by who? Was she a salmon fishing boat? Were the huge, heavy oars used to row her out through the surf? Is there a Neptune 1 out there? Is the paint holding her together or shall I strip it all back... I am tempted! If anyone knows anything about Neptune 2 I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Hi There Paul,
    I am an ex Whitby fisherman and coble man and I have a Whitby built coble called Morning Star, here in Plymouth.
    Have you any pics of your coble, I would like to see em as the one I am thinking of from Filey is not a coble but a two headed boat, or a double ender
    as many people call them these days
    If ever you are Plymouth way give me shout and I will take you down to have a dekko at my littlecoble.

Best Wishes
    Bob

Hi there, just seen this post, thanks for replying. There is a photo on here somewhere, in 'salmon net fishing boats' section of the site. It's a Doble ended, about 18ft long. I've got it on the drive at the moment, am wanting to do done repairs and paint before mooring in Newquay harbour this year. I have the skills to repair but not the know how! On trips out, she'd let some water in, nothing major but enough. Is there a way to seal the bottom? Also. What paint should I use, 2pac? Any advice would be great. My e mail address is bekoshipaul@hotmail.co.uk. Would love to know done of the history of Neptune 2. I'd did read something about a sister boat called stardust but of sure.

Many thanks. Paul

Have look at Facebook page cobble and powerboat it very good

face book page coble and keelboat