Coble and double-ender register - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coble and double-ender register

Peter do you want a section of the forum for the coble list ?? It seems that its a shame that the information is not readily available and we have the ability here to host it if thats what you wish to see. We also have the ability to link to photos in our gallery showing the boats on the register.

Let me know Peter and if you want this I can set it up in a few minutes

Davie

Davie, I can email the coble spreadsheet to you if you like. You can see what you can do with it. If I was doing it again I would probably do it differently but I'll leave it to someone else to sort it; I don't want to manage it again.
    Please let me know how to email it to you.
    Peter

Default coble register

Davie,

Peter has sent me a spreadsheet of his info on this and putting it against mine I think I could make a start on it if you could set me something up on the site similar to Peters spreadsheet

If one of you can post up a couple of lines from the Spreadsheet I will see how best to set out a section for it

Davie

Default coble register

I've been trying to upload some lines from the doc without success.
    Basically we need a spreadsheet with the following info across the top.
    Location,date,name,regist,colours,picture,details, built.
    Once the spreadsheet is on we can then fill in and update as needed.

This would be easier done in the Gallery. I can set up a gallery that is sorted by alphabetical name with all of the input details you need and we can use a drawing of a coble with "picture needed" for those that we can't find. I'll have a look tonight and see how we can do this.

Davie

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/galle...hp?photo=67530

OK hows that for you ?? If you use anyone else's photos please remember to ask first and leave a note in the comments about the original photographer ( photos can be saved by clicking on the main photo then use right click / save to save it to your pc ). I'll put up a photo image for you to use where there isn't a photo available. I've set it so its only your account that can upload to that gallery , if there is anyone else that is willing to help post below here and once I know who is helping I will set the gallery for them as well. This will keep the register off everyone's gallery list during uploads except for the guys that are updating the information.

Davie

Thumbs up

Good to see it up and running.

Just thought, I have a list of all the cobles built at Dawsons if that is any help to you. Will have to chase it up tho, lent it out a few weeks ago and never came back yet.

If you want to help by adding your list Graham let me know