Gratitude

Thread: Gratitude

Default Gratitude

Hi all, I'm looking for photos of the Gratitude that was moored at Granton Harbour, Edinburgh.

Can't remember when it was moored there but was a long time ago.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dave

Default Gratitude

Hi there The Gratitude was LH28 and was owned by the Wilson family from Newhaven. she sailed for many years from Newhaven at the sprats, & Herring.
    She lay a wreck on Kerrara near Oban, but I am now informed that she has been salvaged and converted to a pleasure craft. Sorry I do'nt know where, but see Jonah, or young Ronnie,they may be able to help.

Default Gratitude

Does anybody have any further info on the wherabouts of the Gratitude LH28. She was owned by my great uncle, John Wilson from Newhaven. Many thanks. Forbe Wilson

Default Gratitude

Dave and Forbes

I have uploaded a photo from late 50's. Hope you like it. Look on Vintage section. I would be happy to give you a direct version with a higher resolutiion.

Default Gratitude LH28

Dear Shoreheid

Many thanks for the great photo taken at a very peaceful looking Newhaven. I'm hoping somebody reading this thread can provide me with some info as to what has become of the gratitude. Thanks Forbes Wilson

Default Gratitude

Look up Vintage trawlers and fishing boats messages by 'norman' , 'timbers', and '3762 dazzer'. The latter details where boat is now. That must be special.

Also look at Herring ring netters ' frank stacey' his photo looks to be the same boat with the dates being about right, ie early 30's. Good luck in your hunt.