Ayr Ayrshire trawler men anyone know PETER MCILLONEY

Thread: Ayr Ayrshire trawler men anyone know PETER MCILLONEY

Default Ayr Ayrshire trawler men anyone know PETER MCILLONEY

Hi I am on to see if anyone knows my father. Peter McIlloney he is from Ayr in Scotland. He worked on trawlers most of his days. I seen a pic on here a while back of him on a boat at girvan but can't find it now. If anyone knows him could you get in touch as I'd like to hear some stories or see some pictures please.

Also the names Stuart Matthews and jimmy mckie as they were two of his work mates/ friends. Fizzy dimbo and "big tamson" too

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcilloney View Post
    Also the names Stuart Matthews and jimmy mckie as they were two of his work mates/ friends. Fizzy dimbo and "big tamson" too
    Hi I worked on the boats in Ayr at the same time as your dad he mostly worked on the shellfish boats I worked mostly fish so did not work same areas as him but used to sink a pint in the Fort bar with him every other weekend
    He was working with Dumbo (Jimmy Milan) when I was on boats you mentioned a few of the old names Fizzy past away a few years back big Tamson not sure about Stuart moved to the east coast
    The last time I spoke to Peter I think he was doing the tar Mac on the roads but not sure about that and he was staying in lochside or dalmilling area
    Sorry could not be much more help I will make a few enquires as still have a lot of contacts from fishing and my old village of Dunure if I get any info or photos I will put on this thread if you speak to him tell him willie Fulton (Kung ) was asking for him and tell him he could drink he haw
    Cheers
    Willie

I think Peter done a few trips on the Dorothy Gray , he came aboard one of the times we were tied up in Troon . Filled in as cook and deckhand . He could peel the spuds fine , cooking them was another matter hahaha