BM 51 Harm Johannes.....has she left the southwest ?

Thread: BM 51 Harm Johannes.....has she left the southwest ?

Default BM 51 Harm Johannes.....has she left the southwest ?

The Brixham Beamer 'Harm Johannes' was up in Kirkubright in January and now seems to be fishing out of Douglas, Isle of Man.
    Would anyone know if she has left the Brixham fleet and has gone to new owners please ?
    Many thanks
    Peter

Hi Peter,

I was under the impression she is now owned by a Brixham company & is following the seasonal scallop fisheries around the country. Maybe wrong but that's what I heard.
    Last edited by martin johns; 28th March 2015 at 20:38.

Many thanks Martin.

I was talking to the Harbourmaster of Kirkcubright on the phone in January, when we had all that very bad weather and he mentioned he could see a little Brixham Beamer called 'Harm Johannes' from his office window moored alongside the quay having arrived for shelter. Since then she seems to have spent most of her time operating out of Douglas, IOM.
    As the Brixham beamer 'Sara Louise' (now BA4) was sold a few months ago to a Kirkcubright buyer, I did wonder if 'Harm Johannes' had gone the same way, even though she is now one of the grand old ladies of the Brixham fleet.

Kind regards
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Just been in touch with someone in the know & she is indeed still owned in Brixham but not who I said it was & she is fishing in the Isle of Man under a Kircudbright skipper,