Help to identify Angus Rose/Amber J of Brixham please.

Thread: Help to identify Angus Rose/Amber J of Brixham please.

Default Help to identify Angus Rose/Amber J of Brixham please.

Updating my records and would be grateful for any help regarding when BM510 Angus Rose became BM 224 Amber J please.

I have a newspaper report from 2009 stating a trawler the 'Amber' suffered an engine failure off Start Point and was towed back to Brixham by 'Korenbloem so I assume this is the 'Amber J'.

I have another newspaper report stating the Skipper of the 'Amber J' was fined at Torbay Magistrates Court in 2012 for offences that occurred in 2011.

Unfortunately I have another report stating that the owners of the Brixham trawler 'Angus Rose' were fined at Brighton Magistrates Court in March 2013.

As I don't think there was another 'Angus Rose' or 'Amber J' operating out of Brixham at this time I am totally confused so can anyone help please ?

Many thanks
    Peter

Have managed to solve this one.
    The Brighton Magistrates case actually took place in 2007, so she must have changed names and owner around 2008/2009.
    Peter

She first came to Brixham in 1981 Peter, then named Maartje - BM 165.

Later became Sarah Louise - BM 165 (1988 ?), then Angus Rose - BM 510 (2002), then Amber J - BM 224 in 2008.

Very many thanks Martin that's great - thank you.

Just as a point of interest, I have her shown as having been named 'Emma Jo' after she arrived in Brixham and before she became the 'Sarah Louise'.

The lads don't make things easy at times with the way they seem to enjoy changing the names and swopping them from boat to boat!

Kindest regards
    Peter