Summers "VALIANT"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Summers "VALIANT"

  1. #1

    Default Summers "VALIANT"

    Any body know anything of the history of a typical Summers creeler "Valiant"
    Presently here in N Ireland, converted to motor yacht.
    Formerly owner by Ernie Dunbar in Ballywalter as "Blue Max"
    he bought her from Isle of Man circa 1972. as "Valiant"
    Owner would appreciate knowing past owners, original engine, ( we suspect Kelvin K2 as propeller old Kelvin type)
    Also any old photos gratefully received.
    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Will ask the old man who had it as he worked aboard her sure the boys name was Dennis something maybe Seahorse or Georgie will know have you tried pm'ing them
    Willie

  3. #3

    Default

    Any help will be passed on
    Much appreciated
    Q

  4. #4

    Default

    I would have asked Alexander West but he is on holiday and his granfather probably new most about these boats

  5. #5

    Default

    Dennis Sim had it built in Fraserburgh and it did have a kelvin in her but apart from that my father cant remember any more as it is a while since he worked on it (i think he must be getting senile in his old age lol) sorry I cant be anymore help

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fraserburgh
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbeedie View Post
    Dennis Sim had it built in Fraserburgh and it did have a kelvin in her but apart from that my father cant remember any more as it is a while since he worked on it (i think he must be getting senile in his old age lol) sorry I cant be anymore help

    AH but im back !!!! Built maby 1959-1960 with a boulender engine 3cyl and after that he thinks she had a BMC 90-100 hp thats whathe told me about her time in fr have you got any pictures ????
    Alexander

  7. #7

    Default

    Anybody got a pic of her when new.
    Yes will get you some pics of her as she is now.
    Still got the BMC but the owner couldn't get her to do anything quick with the Kelvin prop, so has just changed it to a big bladed job.
    Answers well now.
    thanks for the help.
    Q

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fraserburgh
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Anybody got a pic of her when new.
    Yes will get you some pics of her as she is now.
    Still got the BMC but the owner couldn't get her to do anything quick with the Kelvin prop, so has just changed it to a big bladed job.
    Answers well now.
    thanks for the help.
    Q
    remember that beezer of a picture of her up the pontoon with quiet waters that was a good one but that got taken off i think thats the valiant in the background of this one the light grey one along with shemariah,gracious,girl avril http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/galle...php?photo=5890
    Last edited by Alexander West; 4th July 2008 at 00:59.
    Alexander

  9. #9

    Default

    You are right about the engine ,the old man remembered it when I spoke to him I forgot about her being in that picture Alexander and the one on the pontoon is from Glorias book

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fraserburgh
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbeedie View Post
    You are right about the engine ,the old man remembered it when I spoke to him I forgot about her being in that picture Alexander and the one on the pontoon is from Glorias book
    II Beedie Moderator now eh !!!!
    Alexander

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •