Bm 77 jacoba believed built 1988

Thread: Bm 77 jacoba believed built 1988

Default Bm 77 jacoba believed built 1988

Can't seem to find anything on her on the web so would be very grateful for any details regarding the BM77 Jacoba which is in the present Brixham fleet.

Many thanks
    Peter

Hi Peter,
    She was indeed built in 1988, by McTay shipbuilders of Bromborough on Merseyside. She was built as Seaflake - NN 215 for Brighton owners.
    She holds the distinction of being the only purpose built beamer over 15m built in the UK.
    There was another bigger beamer (Livinea - BCK 139) built at the same yard at the same time but she was scrapped in Belgium a few years ago.

Seafalke's subsequent names & numbers are Seafalke - TN 35, Nellie - PZ 10, Karen N - PZ 10 & then Jacoba - BM 77 when she came to Brixham last Summer.

I'm enjoying your great Brixham photos by the way. Where do you take most of them from ? Berry Head ?
    Last edited by martin johns; 2nd May 2014 at 17:58.

Many thanks for that Martin that's just what I was looking for.

My other half likes using the breakwater (she has taken the sunset and sunrise ones and the one of the 'Girl Debra') but I'm one of the odd people who likes to have his ships going in the same direction and without any background distraction.

Have found that using AISlive I can get an ETA for the Beamers coming in so that I can nip upto North Furzeham Road and park up just before the double yellow lines in the one way system (opposite where the hotel burnt down some years ago). There is a newly erected red ventilation mast where I stand and I can then shoot away as the Beamer comes round the Breakwater and in the channel until she reaches the breakwater so that it doesn't appear in the background. I then get a second bite of the cherry and can photograph her (without background) as she heads towards the Quay. I do use a 45-200 Zoom Lens.

Its a great spot but can be a bit frustrating as I found the other day having waited patiently for the 'Sara Lena' only to find she steamed straight on to Torquay as did the big Belgian 'Willem of Landram' !

Best regards and thanks again
    Peter

Thanks Peter.
    Never thought of trying for photos from there although I have occasionally parked in Higher Furzeham Rd & looked out from above the park.
    I normally go out onto the Breakwater but I don't find it the perfect location. It is quite a long walk out there, almost always freezing & getting photos without anything in the background (I am also fussy about this) is difficult especially in the morning when shooting into the sun.
    I have occasionally got a few good photos from down in front of the Astra Zeneca building, on the path to Battery Gardens.

My pleasure Martin.

It also has the added bonus of no car parking fee and no double yellow lines so no parking wardens!

Peter