Billy clarkson, whitby built cobles / double Enders. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billy clarkson, whitby built cobles / double Enders.

Hi Clarko,
    Billy Clarkson built Nordic Star for me approx 1978, I sold her in 1985 when I was posted to Oman by She'll UK Oil, she went to a Sunderland fishing club, it was quite sad to here she had sunk, any idea when?.
    Also built for me and my friend John a 21ft double ender. (Harvester) around 1969 cost in those days 400 pound, Harvester was kept on Marske Beach and then on Redcar front for around 15 years, I think she then went to Staithes. By the way I am now living in West Australia and have done for the past 20 years, but I still have a model of Nordic Star made for me by Norman Evans.QUOTE=clarko;19235]Does anyone have any info ( names, dates, locations and current location ) of any boats, cobles or double built by my grandad, billy clarkson.

More photos would be great, I'm trying to list all the boat he build and trying to find info on them.[/QUOTE]

Hi Clarko again,
    Bit more info for you and Shaun.
    Billy built Averil and Flora Jane for the Lince bros Peter and Rod, also built Audrey Lass for Dandy bros, Audrey Lass was possibly one of Bill's biggest and the biggest to fish from Redcar Beach.
    He also built a23ft? Double ender for Dennis Lincoln and Bill Slingsby Majorie Anne she was kept on Marske beach.

Hi Bob, it's great to hear from you.

I'd been told about the Nordic star been built for you, but I didn't know you have the harvester built. The harvester is like in whitby, called Katie H. I have a few photo of the Nordic star when she was first built, at my grandads shed at dock end, whitby. If your wanting the photos I could email hem to you, just private message me your email address. I'm not sure when she sunk, but I heard she was set fire to somewhere on the river wear, and she sunk near the stadium of light. Very sad end.

I didn't have any info on the double ender majorie Anne. I will try find out where she ended up. Do you have any info on two other Marske double Enders Leander and juanita??

Thank you for getting in touch,

Shaun