looking for info and photos of former Dutch Beamers

Thread: looking for info and photos of former Dutch Beamers

Default looking for info and photos of former Dutch Beamers

Hello guys

I'm Koos Boersen, I'm a fisherman from the dutch island Texel. My father (and his father before him) is the owner of the beamtrawler TX-94 Avontuur.
    I am very interested in what became of the old TX fishing vessels (and other dutch fishingvessels too! )
    I already have most of the information about the TX fleet, but I'm always searching for more! Now the old Avontuur (WD-148) is going to be scrapt in Belguim, and while searching for more pictures of the vessel I found this site.

Now my question to you guys is if somebody has got some more pictures of her in better days?

And i've some more questions to complete my archive,
    Does someone have some more information (of course photos would be very great.. ) about the folowing vessels??

- D-91 Iris (ex-tx-94) scrapped in '96 ??
    - D-21 Catharina (ex-tx-34)
    - D-489 New Grange (ex-tx-11) now sold to holland as offshore guard vessel
    - W-236 Wilhelmina-S (ex-tx-3)
    - WD-110 Le Ceile (ex-tx-52
    - WD-158 Angela B (ex-tx-99)

And what happend to all the other beamers/scallopers from Wexford? Like the
    Alicia WD-149, William Joseph WD-182, Deidre Maireed WD-113, Leon D-1, Molly B WD-87, Western Star WD-15, Kathleen K WD-29, Lilly L WD-208, Martina Elis WD-181 etc..
    The're not all scrapped are they???

Well guys maybe a lot of questions in one time, but i hope some of you have some answers for me..

Regards Koos Boersen

Koos,

I think a good source of information about all them vessels is your fellow countryman and trawlerphotos member, Rienk. As you know already, most of those vessels are scrapped now.Wilhemina is in Norway, Molly B still fishing, Le Ceile (storage vessel?).Catharina sold to be converted to houseboat. Western Star ( still fishing).Dierdre Mairead (maybe in Holland).

The truth is out there somewhere.

Hi Koos, a lot are in Brixham as you probably know. I can send you a copy of the BM database with details if you email me at brixhamtrawlerrace@hotmail.co.uk regards, Trev

Default info

Thanks guys, I will send trev an e-mail, and Justindel you know where can I find Rienks e-mail adress?

Koos

Default Looking for info

Koos,
    don't have Rienks email address but his username on this site is Dutch.

Koos, did my databases get thru to you, regards, Trev

Default info

Yes Trev I did get your database! looks very interresting! a lot of info I quess. thank you!