Fishing Boats of Whitby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Boats of Whitby

Default Fishing Boats of Whitby

Does any member know where I can purchase a copy of Gloria Wilson’s book ‘Fishing Boats of Whitby’?

Regards

stontamar

have seen it on e-bay a few times it was printed by

hutton press
    130 canada drive
    cherry burton
    beverley
    hu17 7sb

hope this is some help to you

Many thanks for info. Have tried on numerous occasions to buy on e-bay but without success so therefore I thought I would try and source a copy at a fixed price if any members knew of a copy for sale.

Will keep trying!!

stontamar

Holmans Bookshop, Skinner Street, Whitby. Sure they still had copies when I was down a couple of months ago. They do post stuff too, cos I've bought a video by post from them in the past.

Default 'Fishing Boats of Whitby'

Thanks for suggetion grahamtowa. I was in Holman a couple of week ago and bought a copy of 'An Eye on the Coast - the Fishing Industry from Wick to Whitby' also by Gloria Wilson but unfortunately they did not have her other book and haven't had it in stock for some considerable time.

'An Eye on the Coast' contains some cracking photographs, many from Whitby, and for those wondering if to buy a copy or not I consider it to be a good buy.

I am still searching though for 'Fishing Boats of Whitby'.

Regards

stontamar

In that case, must have been the Fisheries Museum at Anster that I saw copies at recently! Have definitely seen it still for sale somewhere in the past few months. Try them on 01333 310628.

Default 'Fishing Boats of Whitby'

Many thanks - will try the museum tomorrow.

Regards

stontamar

one for sale on e bay now BUT they want starting at 24.99 + 2 50 postage think that a bit much There is another book shop down church street in whitby THEY USED TO SELL IT i will have a look in over the weekend and c if they have a copy and let u know

been in today to book shop in whitby they havent got a copy

Thanks for info - have seen the example for sale on e-bay but as you mention the bid starting price is unrealistic. Tried all the book shops in Whitby to no avail and I am waiting for a reply from the Fishery Museum on Monday regarding their availablity. Keep fingers crossed!!

Just need to keep on searching.

stontamar