Dutch Eurokotter (beamtrawler)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Eurokotter (beamtrawler)

Default Dutch Eurokotter (beamtrawler)

Hello,

I would like to post some pics of my eurokotter model. The ship is made bij Padmos in Holland in the year 2000.
    My model is in 1-50 scale and is 48 cm long. It will be RC and the model is now for 80% finished.

Here are the photos

and some more pics

and these are the last photos. The hull is now in the primer and next week I will make a start whit painting. Then after painting I will make the lines and the blocks. The RC will be the last thing to do.

After this model Id like to make a model of a UK trawler like the FR 927 or the BF 500. I allready send some e-mails to shipyards in the UK to ask for information and plans for these ships. I annyone can help me, please send me a PM. I have plans and photos of dutch beamtrawlers in exchange.

Greetings, Kees

Default beamtrawler.

What a superb looking model, with so much lovely detail.please keep posting your photos of her. simply inspirational.neil.

Thank you, Neil

I like to build these details, it makes the model more realistic.

Ik hope anyone can help me with plans, photos or information about the UK trawler I want to build.

Greetings,

Kees

Thumbs up

beautiful attention to detail, i won't start asking "where do you get?" questions, it might run to several pages, i'm trying to build on a budget, meaning the cost of a prop and everything else coming out of toolboxes and bins in my shed, i even fashioned a drill into a crude lathe to turn rollers in wood, your steelwork with the copper is very neat, is it braised or solder? once i've finished my ringer nobles of girvan model i'm going to start on the norwegian built Krisona/Quiet Waters and will have to tackle all those metalwork jobs like railings etc, a bit of a clue as to how best to approach them would be a great help.

wonderful modelling, must give you a lot of pride and self satisfaction in those "i built that" moments.

Thank you for your compliments on my model. You can ask where I get my materials from, but I am affraid I cant give a good answer on that question because I collect my materials from all sorts of places. Almost everything I make myself because I dont lik buying expensive fitting and other stuff.

In my hobbyroom I got some electric tools from Proxxon, a lott of small handtools, an airbrush system and a small Unimat-4 lathe. The lathe is my best buy in years. I save so much money in making almost everything myself. It was a second hand lathe by the way

The brass rods and strips for the railing, I bought in a hobbystore here in Holland. They are not very expensive and for a small model like this one you dont use much of it.
    The brass is soldered whit a normal electric soldering iron using silver tin as soldermetal.
    If you have to bend more complex forms with the brass, it is smart to heat the brass with a hobby gas burner until it is red glowing. When you have done this, you can bend the brass like it is led.

If you like to see more photos of the model you can click this link to the Dutch modeltrawler forum of which I am the admin. http://www.mkcn.yourbb.nl/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3

Greetings, Kees

ps. Sorry for my bad English but Im working on it.

Kees, do not worry about your english. I look at some of our home grown soccer players and your english is better than theirs? well done, neil.

thanks for the info kees, i think i'll get you to write a note to my wife justifying the purchase of a lathe, i regularly get asked if i really need a "new toy" as she calls them. i bought a compressor a few years ago and it only took a couple of DIY jobs she needed done to get back in the good books, now she uses it too spray the wooden decking outside and thinks its marvelous, i'll need to think up a job that needs a lathe!!!!

new rolling pin?