Project Kraken

Thread: Project Kraken

Default Project Kraken

Don't know if many of you know about this, I just found out about it myself, This is an excerpt from Grampian Police website

What is Project Kraken?
    "Project Kraken is a national initiative set up to increase public vigilance and protect our coast and waters. It is about getting people to work together to fight criminality and terrorism to keep the maritime community safe and secure.
    If you work in the maritime environment you can help police combat crime and terrorists by being alert to your surroundings and reporting suspicious behaviour. By passing on information, you can increase maritime safety, reduce criminal behaviour and disrupt terrorist activity. You will be making our harbours, ports and the Grampian coastline safer for anyone using it legitimately.Project Kraken gathers the information you and others pass and uses it to prevent criminal or terrorist acts."

Have a look at the Newsletter attached, makes interesting reading

http://www.grampian.police.uk/Pdf/Pr...lySept2011.pdf

First I've seen of it , I'll post the link to this on the Fishing News facebook page make sure as many people as possible know about it

I mentioned to the girl I spoke to at Project Kraken that I had posted the theft of the creels on this forum and that I was sure you would be interested in raising awareness of the project. I can't see that it would be a bad thing if the items of interest from the Project Kraken were posted on the forum to make even more people aware of these crimes.