Price of Fuel - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of Fuel

Default petrol

it was on the radio today that unleaded petrol is xpected to reach 1.50 a ltr by the end of the year........ so that would put the red at around 80p/90p.....
    that will cripple the country

Default Price of Fuel

Good idea!! I think we're at the stage now where if we just continue to sit back and accept whats happening there will be no fishing industry in the UK. Something HAS to be done now or so many good guys will be forced out of jobs not to mention all those working ashore in jobs connected to the fishing industry. Its hard enough now to make a living but wait till the summer when the price of fuel will inevitably rise and the price of prawns will fall as they usually do in the summer months when there is more bulk being landed.

Default MP/MSP's in the know about this???

Has Duncan or anyone had words with the local MP or MSP Angus? I thought it was just ourselves that were getting the worst of this but after FN last week I realise it aint.

we're on near 1.20/litre on the petrol and road diesel already up here HC, petrol went up 2p on Monday. So come the summer if I go round the west side I'll be putting 70 a week into the bloomin van...As for cars...looks like the cossie shall be reserved for sunday drives only at 40mph

Default price of fuel

price of fuel in boulogne yesterday 0.60/liter

Default Price of Fuel

Tell me about it Donald, i think the car might be getting the heave ho soon!! I'm not sure if Duncan has had words with the MSP but i'll maybe ask him next time i see him. I can see the entire SY fleet being tied to the wall by the end of this year.

Angry cheap french fuel

phillipe said in boulogne it was 0.60 euros a liter , the equivalent of 0.46 pence a liter . at todays exchange rate.

sometimes it takes a single significant incident to find a common thread, the current fuel prices would appear to be such an event. as far as i can see this site only reflects the percentage of the fleet that make use of it, but at the same time is representative of the whole UK. there are such things as local associations, they do meet each other, talk. would it be so hard for all the associations to meet and the representatives have the power to vote on behalf of their own association? you could always agree to find a way whereby anyone not taking part in any blockade, march, whatever, would not benefit from any provision implemented as a result of the action. i know there are the greedy ones that think they are above legislation nevermind dirtying their hands with a protest, but everyone needs to take action, from the man with a few pots to the man with a few pursers. It affects us all, and i say this as someone who lives in a small coastal town which has already lost its two biggest employers (one a shipyard) and is in the proccess of losing another, unfortunately this is a take the subsidy and run town as far as new businesses are concerned. To lose what remains of the fishing fleet might have less effect here, but it would change the entire character of the place. For decades it was said the if the boats were doing well, the town prospered, the same can probably be said of every port that has been mentioned by others here. It is in the hands of the fishing industry to make a stand, they didn't over quotas, they didn't over days at sea, they didn't over decommissioning, here and now is the line in the sand. Who is going to speak for the fisherman if not you, and you, and you, and you. Can't afford to put to sea with oil prices? blockade the bastards, and don't stop till the government capitulate, and don't send boys to do mens work either, i see the same faces that have failed for years still cowtowing in brussels, happy with the pat on the head and trhe kick on the arse and a wee token from the queen. Fight for christ sake, nobody is going to turn round and say "all right we'll knock 20p off a litre" you have to make it happen and you have to do it now, six months down the road the banks will be doing it for you, with a much bleaker end result.

price of fuel in troon this week is wait for it guys....................... yip you guessed it up again we are now at 57.6 somet like2.60 odda gall
    can only imagine i will have went up accordingly in other harbours
    fuel bill for a 10 day trip just short o 3000

44.1p a litre in brixham today without duty that is

Unhappy

Hi fuel today in Girvan 65p litre 24/04/08 no stop to it