Filey Coble... Help and info needed!

Thread: Filey Coble... Help and info needed!

Lightbulb Filey Coble... Help and info needed!

I am the current owner of a Filey coble called Neptune 2 after a very long journey down the motorway! She is moored in Newquay, Cornwall and is a cracking fishing boat for myself and my family. Does anyone know anything about her? Where she was built, by who? Was she a salmon fishing boat? Were the huge, heavy oars used to row her out through the surf? Is there a Neptune 1 out there? Is the paint holding her together or shall I strip it all back... I am tempted! If anyone knows anything about Neptune 2 I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

I know your coble but at the moment dont know her history. a guy called Dave Durward who is on here and trawler pictures is very knowledgable about the history of individual cobles. might be worth asking him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Baker View Post
    I am the current owner of a Filey coble called Neptune 2 after a very long journey down the motorway! She is moored in Newquay, Cornwall and is a cracking fishing boat for myself and my family. Does anyone know anything about her? Where she was built, by who? Was she a salmon fishing boat? Were the huge, heavy oars used to row her out through the surf? Is there a Neptune 1 out there? Is the paint holding her together or shall I strip it all back... I am tempted! If anyone knows anything about Neptune 2 I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for your response, I will try to locate him!

Neptune II, a Filey coble, is she a big wooden coble or a small GRP one? Has she a for'ard wheelhouse or is she open? Is she/or has been been painted red? With no photo to go on it is difficult. More info on her please.

If you have a look on the photos in this website 'cobble and salmon net fishing boats' there is a photo. Blue band but used to be red at some point I think

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A View Post
    Neptune II, a Filey coble, is she a big wooden coble or a small GRP one? Has she a for'ard wheelhouse or is she open? Is she/or has been been painted red? With no photo to go on it is difficult. More info on her please.
    Hi paul

trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo...neptune-2...

The above is a link to a photograph of Neptune 2. Any info would be great!

Thanks in advance

Paul