Where Seen Function
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Seen Function

Default Where Seen Function

Not sure why but the 'Where Seen' function appears to to be either not capturing the data or if captured it is not displaying the data.

Regards

stontamar

If you upload several photos and put them into different galleries before submitting them the data is lost for some reason , seems to drop the data if you change gallery as well ( its still there though as if you change it back it shows again ) , it's something thats always happened since we first started using it 3 years ago and seems to be nothing we can change to sort it I'm afraid

Many thanks, will try and avoid the causes in future.

Regards

Dave (stontamar)

Hi Davie - after taking note of the information you provided I have tried to avoid replicating the problem. However today i find that the photographs I have loaded, even single photographs, are dropping the Where Seen information. I have gone back through some and reloaded the information but it would appear that the error is a bit more complicated than first reported.

Where seen information is, to my mind, quite important. Can anything be done to rectify the fault/

Regards

Dave (stontamar)

Hi Davie -just in case I was creating the error by mistake I have just loaded a photograph of Ilaglyn K504 in the Scotland >10mtr category. I paid particular attention to completing the Where Seen input box and only loaded one photograph and did not change the category or any other details. The data and photograph loaded correctly with the exception of the Where Seen field which when I opened that record was missing.

There is definitely a fault relating to the use of this data field which is over and above the known faults you reported in you message date 1 May 2012.

I have left this photograph as it loaded and have not re-entered the Where Seen field in case it affected the web technicians chances of locating the fault.

Regards

Dave (stontamar)

Simplest way around this issue is to just name the photo and put any other details in the comments field beneath it, all stays then

Thanks for reply - yes I understand that is an option.

However if that is the preferred method of recording relevant location details surely it would be advisable to delete the Where Seen box completely then the problem would be avoided. I have loaded a considerable number of photographs believing that I had recorded location data only to find that there is a strong probability that many of these photographs are missing that data. The location data is, in my view, one of the most important elements ranking alongside the date the photograph was taken and, of course, subject identification.

Regards

stontamar

have got the same problem stontamar got round it by editing phot after you post it just fill in where seen box bit of a pain but it works hope they can sort it soon

Same here watchman, I've just uploaded a single photo in the Southern Ireland over 10m gallery and I had to use the edit function to fill in the "where seen" field.

I'll have a look but when I last looked everything is set so it captures the data and should show it , not sure why this is happening as even my photos aren't showing the info so its nothing to do with the account type