transparencies/slides

Thread: transparencies/slides

Default transparencies/slides

I have 100,s of slides from 1960,s thames estuary mainly from my grandad Rex/Reg West from Tollsbury.Dose any one know of a way of digitising them at reasonable cost/ comlication for putting on this site

Davie Tait Guest

Do a search for a slide/negative adaptor for your camera. They usually screw onto the same threads that the filters go on and let you take a photo , using a back light ( usually best with natural daylight or a daylight bulb ) , of the negative/slide and shouldn't cost much more than 40 or so. A proper scanner for Negatives/Slides at the cheapest will be over 120 but would be cheaper than sending the strips of negatives away to Kodak to get them reprinted and put onto CD.

If your PC is running WindowsME look for a scanner called a Olympus ES-10 on Ebay. Thats the scanner I have and its 1770dpi which gives an image of 2400x1200 and is more than enough for normal use. Do NOT buy one if your using WindowsXP or Vista as it just will not work as it was designed for Windows98/ME ONLY.

Davie

thanks Davie I dont have negs just slides.my birthday coming up so will drop some hints

Default slides

you can scan them into your computer if you have a scanner that opens you will need a strong light to shine down through the slide while it is being scanned .. heath robinson ... use the inside of a toilet roll the cardboard tube bit cut it down to about 2 inches place over slide shine light throught it onto the slide then scan .... set the scan to scan only the slide by the use of the preview on scanner ..

you're wasted at the sea geordie, you shoulda been on BLUE PETER!!!

Default slides

looking for my double sided sticky back paper noo (mak mysel a blue peter badge )

Default transparences

forgot to mention that you require a defused light so that it shines even through the slide

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    I have 100,s of slides from 1960,s thames estuary mainly from my grandad Rex/Reg West from Tollsbury.Dose any one know of a way of digitising them at reasonable cost/ comlication for putting on this site
    Try the Epson scanner with a slide adaptor it will cost you but it sounds like the slides are worth it, Ive used one to digitise hundreds of slides 4 at a time.