Fishing boats of Britain and Ireland.

Thread: Fishing boats of Britain and Ireland.

Default Fishing boats of Britain and Ireland.

I'm looking for old copies of Fishing Boats of Britain and Ireland. Any year prior to 2006, and as far back as possible (1950s, 60s and 70s etc - if it was published during these decades). Condition not important so long as they are complete.
    Michael

The book was first published in 1993 Michael.

The other reference books are the Olsen's Fishermen's Nautical Almanac which started in the 1920's I think and the last edition was the 2000 one. Very rarely see them on Ebay though ( I keep looking for myself !! )

I think everyones after Olsens Davie. I had a good "catch" of 5 issues of them last year. Obviously I can't say where

ebays your best bet for the fvob&i book, over the last 2 years ive managed t complete the set, have every1 from 1993 to the final 2009 horror! any idea how many of the "fisheries of scotland" books were published? i have the 91/92 edition

I have the 91/92 Fisheries of Scotland book too Darren. I'm sure I asked Peter Brady the same question & apparently there was just the one book.

Peter's Fishermans Handbook was out for a few years I've got the 2003/4 one and he's waiting to get the new one printed this year

Hello Davie, Peter sure is working hard on the new book and i cross my fingers on him completing it this year.

thats a shame martin, the 91/92 is a great book, ive got 2 of the fishermans handbook by peter brady but no manx boats in it so never bought another, any one got one of the new fishermans alamancs? was advertised in the FN a wile back, had a boat pic section in

Are you meaning the Reeds book Manx ?

I was thinking about getting one but i heard it was not very good. Also a bit steep in price.