List of boats up for scrapping grants - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: List of boats up for scrapping grants

Thats a real shame, thanks for filling me in i had no idea. SOme of these boats still look well looked after in the photos. Scrapping them seems such a waste.

Looks like the Boy Ian BF11 isn't getting the chop , she's up on the slip at Fraserburgh and has had her waterline repainted and looks like getting some jobs done so looks to be safe from Ghent for a while yet

Gavin the Amity is on the list for scrapping , she's been up for sale for a while now and if she doesn't sell I think Jimmy would take the money and scrap her. He's been wanting ashore for a while and if he gets elected as an MSP in May he would have to sell ( or put the ownership into a blind trust ) the boat anyway. I think he wants to be a politician more than a fisherman now and I couldn't blame him for taking the money not with fuel prices going up again ( watched a bit about the price of crude a couple of days ago and one analyst said that some futures buyers thought that $150 to $200 a barrel would be ball park figures but some could see $250 a barrel by this time 2014 or maybe a little more like summer 2015 )

Had heard Mr Buchan was looking at a new vessel if the Amity was getting scrapped well maybe no brand new as its a few years old but never been fished

Be interesting to see if he does get another boat Willie , might be dependent on what happens in May's election , if he wins a seat in the Scottish parliament then he may not bother guess a few months will tell !!

DOnt think he will stand a chance going on the Tory ticket in a SNP stronghold the best he could hope for is a List MP , he could always become a slipper skipper and get someone else to work it

He did cut the SNP majority down from 14000 to 4000 in last years general election so to say he stands no chance is not exactly true , will he win who knows guess we will find out the day after the election

Daisy is still lying in pd the day davie
    Alexander

Arcturus INS167
    Cantara UL637
    Lapwing PD972
    Shalimar BCK598
    Summer Dawn PD97

Any news on these boats , are they still going or definitely getting the chop ??

Arcturus away fishing yesterday, Lapwing was lying in PD, Shalimar awa at an oil job anoo.

Whats happening with Amity 2? is Jimmy Buchan still skipper?