Thread: fishing vessels of britain and ireland

Default fishing vessels of britain and ireland

hi,

do`s anyone know when the fvob&i were first published? i have from 93 to 09, just wondering if theres any earlier editions

cheers

Darren

The first one was 1993 as far as I know Darren.

alrite, thanks martin, i have the full set then! just a shame they killed it by taking control from dave linkie, the 09 was a disaster. any word if they ever published another one? i no most of main photographers withdrew there pics in support of dave and the new publishers were asking on here but didnt hear any more

I haven't heard anymore about the book for about 4 months now , I have heard that the Fishing Boat Registry in Cardiff has now stopped selling copies of the full register with the contact details for the owners ( they had been getting complaints that some companies were buying the list just to use for targeted advertising I think , think they had been challenged under the Data Protection Act and the right to privacy under the Humans Rights Act ) which David Linkie mentioned in the Fishing News a few weeks back so I don't know if thats affected the book or not.

they`l have to make it a far better book than the 09 for any1 to buy it tho, shame about the boat registry thing because that will prob make it a non starter