Silver Birch

Thread: Silver Birch

Default Silver Birch

Can anyone give me information about the Silver Birch, built in 1947? Purchased by Lackie Clark and renamed Ile Bhoidheach CN 6. Lost off west coast of Islay 1955. Name of yard that built her would be a great help.

Default Silver Birch

She's in the 1951 almanac as TT 151, 21 tons owner,Dugald McFarlane Bain, Tarbert. It doesnt say where she was built.

Thanks Douglas. I got some info' from Ships Nostalgia, seems she was originally BF 186. I'll try contacting some of the East coast yards, trying to get a photograph.
    Last edited by willoughby; 5th April 2010 at 10:55. Reason: punctuation

Interested to know where she was wrecked. In 'OS' I just have her noted as being wrecked in September 1955. 21 tons approx 13m long.

Default Silver Birch

She's in the 1949 Olsens as owned by J Ritchie Senior and others Banffshire. From the name of the owners and the size of the boat it might be Whitehills

Douglas - she was owned by James Ritchie (Sen) of Whitehills. Father of Jimmy Ritchie (Pally) of the Coastal Girl/Sovereign.

If that is the one of the name FR 39 that was built at Kilkeel by J. McIntosh & Sons in 1945 as 45ft MFV 956 I have a good photo
    Jim