Thread: cygnus boats

Default cygnus boats

hi everyone made my mind up im going to buy a CYGNUS SF 33 16th scale from models by design anyone got one and how good are they

cheers fishinguy

From the posts I've seen on modelboatmayhem.co.uk they are good kits/hulls. There are a couple being built and the progress shown on the MBM site if you have a look. Good value for money by all accounts.

Is models by design still operating? I have been trying to contact him by email with no luck, Anyone have contact with them recently?

They've got their phone number on their web site Andy so try phoning them , some small scale producers can be difficult to contact by Email and phoning is normally best bet

Cheers Davie,
    I will give it a day or two more then try them on the phone. emails are much cheaper for me tho

Not wishing to be pedantic but the SF 33 that "models by design" make is basically their GM 33 model with a bulbous bow.
    The full sized SF 33 has 2ft more beam than & 2ft more draught than the GM 33 & is a much bigger boat all round. Really well moulded models though

Just spoke with Andy on the phone, ordered the GM 38. Going to be moulded the right colour which is a bonus. When I get building I shall post some progress reports.