small mesh net wanted

Thread: small mesh net wanted

Default small mesh net wanted

can anyone tell me where i could get hold off small mesh net like the nets made for the flume tank 'model trawls' i built working model trawlers in the past & the netting i have used is getting a bit tyerd now regards ray

Default mesh

we pulled apart a bath scruchie and we got about 12ft of netting, perfect for our models, we made a twin-rig out of them.
    we also get netting from this company http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/23.html (3rd item down is the trawl netting)
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for the info your nets look very good regards ray

i used plain net curtains look around you will find it in all sizes and it behaves like a real net just make sure you ask the lady indoors

Try a fabric shop. They have mesh in various colours
    Bill

Like Bill Says Any Fabric Shop . The Material Is Called Tulle. Thats What I Use Its Not That Expensive And Comes In All Different Colours.

Thats the stuff. It fair makes your TuTu stick oot

thanks for the info i got some net matieral from a fabric shop in green as well regards ray

Default net

2012-02-29 19.58.16.jpghi ray i used mosquito net that people use over cots etc it is white but i sprayed mine with car paint green and orange for the codend it slightly stiffens the net but not much at all. i have found you dont have to drive the model as hard to keep the net in shape.
    ian