Fishing Net Lecture-ne Scotland

Thread: Fishing Net Lecture-ne Scotland

Exclamation Fishing Net Lecture-ne Scotland

At present, i'm constructing a power-point presentation on fishing nets, which will be delivered via a lecture. It would be especially beneficial to young Skippers and those aiming to achieve a ticket. The lecture will be based around the very basics of a demersal net, throught to the more complex design features adopted in constructing a net. In order to gauge support- and therefore a relevant venue-it would be beneficial if those interested in attending, would PM me directly, giving your name,vessel and contact details-before 30th September 2009. If enough interest is generated, the lecture will take place towards the end of the year. Thank-you. Brett.

Default Nets

Good Idea But Think It Would Be More Beneficial For Deckies As You Dont See Much Skippers Dein Onything We Nets.
    lems 73

Smile Power-point presentation on fishing nets

Interesting concept to say the least... I am curious on what is incorporated into the "PPP" to practice (For example) constant mesh sizing that I have found only comes with years of practice ...maybe this is done with a robotic arm?

Is this program designed possibly for the modern transferable quota fisherman in this generation?

Regards,
    www.timarine.ca

Quote Originally Posted by lems View Post
    Good Idea But Think It Would Be More Beneficial For Deckies As You Dont See Much Skippers Dein Onything We Nets.
    Aye yer spot on there Lems.

I think its more about how to change the way a net is rigged to change the shape ( in a white fish net to bring the belly up off the bottom , etc ) and how to change the hopper rig , sweep lengths , etc to make the net fish properly. Don't know of many deckies that know how to do that must admit...

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    At present, i'm constructing a power-point presentation on fishing nets, which will be delivered via a lecture. It would be especially beneficial to young Skippers and those aiming to achieve a ticket. The lecture will be based around the very basics of a demersal net, throught to the more complex design features adopted in constructing a net. In order to gauge support- and therefore a relevant venue-it would be beneficial if those interested in attending, would PM me directly, giving your name,vessel and contact details-before 30th September 2009. If enough interest is generated, the lecture will take place towards the end of the year. Thank-you. Brett.
    Thanks for the comments guys-im listening.. I just feel that the net is paramount in pay-packets at the end of the day...Wot im thinking about is the very basics of a net-through to the more complex angles in the design and construction of a net..From the very basics-through to the very nitty gritty of what goes through our minds when we design a net....I feel it would be very beneficial guys....If youre interested-please get in touch. Thanks.