Thread: boats free to good home.

Smile boats free to good home.

prospection bf. reg 45.ftr. +36.ft. steel vessel. both lying newburgh on the tay. nr. dundee. in dundee courier sat past. unfortunately LISTA a 40.ft. norwegian type was used for an up-hellya, what a waste!!!

Was in Newhaven a week or so ago. There was a fifie yawl used to be outside the heritage museum, which has been dragged down the slip, looks like it's to be scrapped. As far as I know, it's the last surviving build from the James Weatherhead of Eyemouth yard. Built 1923 as Jacinth LH356, later St Ninian. That's a boat worth saving, although its in a very poor state, would need deep pockets!

I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up by the new Museum and/or boat collection at Eyemouth. What are the basic problems that would require the deep pockets? We had 'Incentive' call in at Eyemouth a couple of months back, she is Eyemouth built but not so old.

Theres hardly a sound bit of wood in the boat, Offscotland. Had a look round Incentive when at Eyemouth. Gave the owner (Nick, I think) some copies of pics, including Incentives launch, Ist build by the EBBC, 1960.

The Jacinth has been towed out and sunk.