Snowdrop

Thread: Snowdrop

Default Snowdrop

Im looking for any Photos of the SNOWDROP own and Skippered by Ivan Lee (DIGGER) worked out of Northg Shields round the 1970 and 1980s This Vessel sank just outside the Tyne Piers after a Collision with a German Cargo Vessel After She sank Digger got the MFV Invader untill she sank If anyone has any Photos of the SNOWDROP please let me know Thanks
    Steve D

The Snowdrop was a Stern Trawler Made of wood around 45foot 10foot beam gardner engin and as stated worked out of North Shields Tyne & Wear

What kind of vessel was the Snowdrop,when and where built,wood,steel or other??

Default Snowdrop

Steve,their is a photo of her on the site just go to the gallery and type in Snowdrop in the search box and it comes up, its when she was registered in Liverpool.Their is also one of her on the web site,www.wkboats.co.uk before her conversion type in WK.41 in the search box and it comes up.

Tony.

Steve, I think she had a short stay in Sunderland North Dock in the early 60's. She was the very first vessel I'd seen with a shooting table over the stern, and a Liverpool Registration, that 's why it sticks in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrury3472 View Post
    Im looking for any Photos of the SNOWDROP own and Skippered by Ivan Lee (DIGGER) worked out of Northg Shields round the 1970 and 1980s This Vessel sank just outside the Tyne Piers after a Collision with a German Cargo Vessel After She sank Digger got the MFV Invader untill she sank If anyone has any Photos of the SNOWDROP please let me know Thanks
    Steve D

The Snowdrop was a Stern Trawler Made of wood around 45foot 10foot beam gardner engin and as stated worked out of North Shields Tyne & Wear
    digger brought the snowdrop from the west coast and comming through the caladonian canal reported seeing the loch ness monster,i worked with digger on the snowdrop and also on the kirsty jane