2 new models of the Our Lass II WY261
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 new models of the Our Lass II WY261

Default 2 new models of the Our Lass II WY261

Deans Marine have announced an almost ready to run 1/32nd version at 425

http://deansmarine.co.uk/shop/produc...oducts_id/2239

Model slipway have announced a full kit of her at 1/24th scale for 240-250 due out in September this year.

Default Our Lass

it beggers belief that two different companies can come up with a model each of the same vessel.
    in this day and age would it not be more productive for them to develope different models to give the hobbyist a greater choice.
    or is it just bloody mindedness in trying to "nick " customers from each other
    business suicide if you ask me.

The Deans Marine one is made in China Neil and will probably be turned out in another colour and name at some point. As for comparisons there will be a big difference in accuracy as Model Slipway have access to the plans and the Chinese model looks to be a generic hull shape especially below the water line probably modeled off photos of boats on the slip ( probably lifted from this site !!! )

fits in well with D M building down to a price and kissing goodbye to quality.

Default Our Lass model

Just spoken o the designer Ian Paton of SCM design. He has confirmed that Oor Lass has a double chine and not round bilge as the Deans model?

A sister ship has been ordered from Parkol

Regds
    Bill

Thats Lawrie holding the model and you can see the vast difference in detail between the Deans Marine one and the Model Slipway one.

Neil as for Deans driving down cost I still think a smaller scale model like the one they are advertising is a bit over priced at 425 even if it is almost ready to run

SO DO I DAVIE, especially when the poor sods who are building them are probably getting a quid a boat for every one finished............ohhhh slap my wrist.
    there's nothing like building your own.
    I've always loved the old Maggie M MBE, but that OUR LASS looks an absolute stunner.........anyone fancy having one built..........prices comparable with others on this site,..lol

I've just upset Dean's Marine on modelboatmayhem...... with regards to their model having a rounded bilge..............does anyone have a photo of Our Lass 11 up on the slip to show her hard chine bilges please, and then i can get them off my back. cheers for any help.
    neil.

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/galle...hp?photo=13820
    http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/galle...php?photo=7734

I just read that Neil , there you go 2 photos showing the hard chine hull

Hiya Neil,
    this site may be of interest, it shows construction, and like Davie's links, the hard chine.

http://s109678751.websitehome.co.uk/...0Lass%20II.htm

Keith.