Maggie M
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maggie M

Default Maggie M

Hi,
    I'm new to modeling and have just started a model of the Maggie M. Can anyone give me any tips and hints on this model? I'm not even sure about the best way to center the prop-shaft and rudder assembly into the hull!! I recently refurbished and built an old Clyde Puffer, which gave me the bug.I'm not in any clubs as there isn't a local one to me in Banbury, Oxfordshire. I'd also like to finish the boat as a Scottish (east coast) registered one, any suggestions? Any help and tips greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, River Tay.

Likewise, i too have just bought one of these. Im not ready to start building it yet but i would be interested in answers to your questions!

This thread http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/forum...hread.php?t=42
    might give you ideas for finishing the boat based on a north east registered one.

Hello River Tay and Ritchie, I'm well on now with a Maggie M which I've altered to represent the Defiant LK371. Have a look through the modelling section on here and you'll find some of my questions which were kindly answered by Davie Tait (Good lad Davie !!) and photos which he posted.
    Search the galleries for Defiant, Ardent, Advance, Helenus,Mizpah, Guardian Angell and Arkh Angell - all 87footers and Deeside an 80footer.
    there's loads of information on here if you just look
    Best Wishes
    Douglas

Davie Tait Guest

Quote Originally Posted by river tay View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to modeling and have just started a model of the Maggie M. Can anyone give me any tips and hints on this model? I'm not even sure about the best way to center the prop-shaft and rudder assembly into the hull!! I recently refurbished and built an old Clyde Puffer, which gave me the bug.I'm not in any clubs as there isn't a local one to me in Banbury, Oxfordshire. I'd also like to finish the boat as a Scottish (east coast) registered one, any suggestions? Any help and tips greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, River Tay.
    The kit should have had quite a good diagram for drilling out the Prop-shaft and how you assemble the nozzle for marking out the drill point for the rudder.

Dave Leishman did have an excellent thread on his Maggie M built on the old trawlermodels site but unfortunately I didn't save it before that site was closed. If I find an old saved copy of the thread i'll put the relevant bits up but that would be on my old PC which i'm not sure even works now !! ( been a year since I used it )

Davie

Davie Tait Guest

Here's my galleries of the Campbeltown 87's and the smaller but similar 80 class

Start with the 2 Campbeltown 80's
    Deeside BCK595 , Budding Rose PD418

Campbeltown 87's
    Helenus FR121 , Maggie M Mbe SH170 , Advance 2 INS77 , Ardent 2 INS127

single photos
    search for the Boy Andrew WK170 ( cruiser sterned ) , Arkh Angell K616 , Defiant LK371 , Guardian Angell LK272 , Mizpah LK173 , Sunbeam INS68 ( cruiser sterned )

Davie

Thanks Davie, thats perfect. Advance 2 for my model I think. (If i ever get room in the house and time to start it!)

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    Hello River Tay and Ritchie, I'm well on now with a Maggie M which I've altered to represent the Defiant LK371. Have a look through the modelling section on here and you'll find some of my questions which were kindly answered by Davie Tait (Good lad Davie !!) and photos which he posted.
    Search the galleries for Defiant, Ardent, Advance, Helenus,Mizpah, Guardian Angell and Arkh Angell - all 87footers and Deeside an 80footer.
    there's loads of information on here if you just look
    Best Wishes
    Douglas
    Any pics Douglas? I would love to see how you are getting on.
    Cheers. Ritchie.

A couple of pics now in the gallery

I'm no help but thanks for asking the question as it gives me answers to my problem as I have just started building a model of Falke. Photos to follow.