Jim Moody Refrigeration ,Whitby - Do NOT buy before reading below - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Moody Refrigeration ,Whitby - Do NOT buy before reading below

Funny you should mention that Davie, a member from here was speaking to him about it a couple of weeks ago, and David suggested I write a letter to FN. Think it would just be water off a ducks back to Mr Moody to be honest, doesn't seem to care less unfortunately.

I'll see how this small claims court goes first

Default crooked c##t

After making my first reply on this forum i decided to contact a couple of friends here on the west coast who had also had work done by mr moody. and suprise suprise it isnt good. My friend in mallaig told me of his troubles, wasnt too happy with his finished job and true to course after a couple of weeks it wasnt keeping temperature then the compressor melted due to overheating. mr moody was contacted and said he would send up a new one. of course it never arrived and after the initial response he never answered his phone again. ? mallaig man had to replace all the faulty parts himself. We were intrigued to here mr moody is keen to dish out some physical violence to his disgruntled customers and would like to sincerely offer him a trip to tiree,(we will even pay his ferry fare if he is struggling?) and upon his arrival we (4 of us had a share in the freezer) shall form an orderly que for him to try his luck !! As for the idea of chipping in for a car and petrol to go and see him face to face, i am now pondering the idea of a coach ?? Now to all the people out there reading this, is there anyone out there who has a complimentary word to say about mr moody ?? im still waiting to here from another customer of mr moodys. shall keep you all informed

Thanks for posting this, more happy customers
    The guy that I got to look at mine said it was a well know trick if the compressor wasn't up to the job/broken, overfill it with gas (mine even had the wrong type of gas in it aswell) and it would work for a couple of weeks at most , seems to be Mr Moodys speciality .

Well have phoned him a *few* times this week.....got him to pick up yesterday when I withheld my number ! as soon as I spoke and he heard it was me he put the phone down first time he has actually picked it up since january! phone him straight back and surprise, surprise no answer and phone was turned off ! Then sent him a text telling him the court papers be posted on Tuesday, and it was not a threat but a promise !

Never deal with an idiot like this in my life, couldn't make it up!

Expect the court action will take a bit of time, but I will keep you all updated how it is going .

Well this will stay on the site until he repays you for the shoddy work he's done , if he doesn't and it has to go to court then we keep this on the site permanently. He cannot complain about this thread , if he did his work properly then we wouldn't be complaining would we.

Can I also remind everyone that NO threats of physical violence will be allowed. Lets keep this strictly to the facts in hand and if he wants to threaten people that is his problem not ours. I would strongly advise anyone who has anything of his installed either on a boat or ashore to get it independently checked by a qualified refrigeration engineer and if you find the installation is wrong in anyway ( wrong gas , wrong type of compressor , etc ) please post it here so we can make sure that this guy has to repair/replace the effected equipment.

Davie

Default Stung by Moodie and John Thomson - Amble too

Is there any room on the bus with you lads.

Same problems I had with a freezer bought from Jim Moodie 3-4 year ago, it is used as a store now only, it only ran properly for a month, still does not work...it was a piece of s**t, he won't answer his phone or emails, I thought it was just us that got unlucky but there you go, being a reasonable guy I even offered him the chance to to part exchange it for us just to get us up and running but no luck...distance was always the excuse....we are in Caithness in the very North of Scotland.

Then on top of that he introduced us to John Thomson of Amble Kippers who we shipped, lobster, crab and winkles to and he bounced a cheque on us then a few weeks later, so all in all Jim Moddie has cost us nearly 5k (3k Moodie and 2k Thomson) since I first spoke to him on the phone, gave up on Moodie and Thomson is as slippery as an eel so watch him too but still persuing that one.

Good luck with your claim and let us know how it goes, we could all follow suit if your successful and any info on Thomson greatly recieved.

Peter Sinclair

Sinclair Bay Lobsters

Thumbs down

Sorry to hear this, yet another happy customer

What a con man he is seems to be a common theme, we are all quite far away from him, and have been sold useless compressors.
    When I first phoned him that was the first thing I ask if the distance was a problem, he said no, not at all, now we know why...

I've given him more than enough chances to compromise and settle things, all I have had is a deafening silence.

Got the small claims court forms now, will post them as soon as I can.

Sorry Peter haven't heard of the guy from Amble, but I know the feeling.......( another story ) good luck with him.

got a advert in this weeks fishing news selling fish room cooling plants

I'll send a link to this thread to Tim Oliver when I get a minute guys

Email to Tim Oliver with a link to this thread sent just now guys

Thanks Davie, never noticed that ad!
    Nothing new to report yet,bit of a slow process