61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes : he made the FVB&I book what it is

60 98.36%
  • No : it is their book

1 1.64%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Vessels of Britain & Ireland 2009

Hy Guys
    Thanks for your suport and Davie for seting up a poll I sent a e-mail to the three links but I dont supose it wil do mutch good

Default Send it back

Haven't got mine yet, but if it is a bad as you all say I will be sending it back and asking for a refund. If we all do the same I am sure they will get the message.
    Play by the rules - Miss all the fun

I haven't ordered it for about 4-5 yrs now. In the old FN at least you felt informed but not anymore. More kind of freesheet format now with a heafty price! the industry has contracted but the Irish ones; The Skipper and the Marine Times have made an effort to fill them up with articles rather than pad it out. anyway get all the news here!

You will all have noticed that the cover price of FN has been increased from 1.40 to 1.85. Looking at 9 Jun 1978 copy, 20p and 104 pages.
    Gil.

Just rec'd my copy of FVBI '09 - and to be honest only for the fact that I havent paid for it I'd be looking for my money back. I really feel for Dave - all those years of hard work developing an interesting annual every year only to have it decimated.

I can only afford to buy FVoB&I every few years. got 97 and it was very very good and worth every penny of the 60 odd quid. didnt get last years or 2009 but would defenatily get 2010 if David Linkie is re-instated as Editor.

As for the price of Fishing News International, I was interested in an article in the Jaunuary issue and seeked it out. I could not belive the price rise, nearly double!!! did not buy it at that price! I think they must trying to get rid of the publication as very few people are going to spend a tenner on a few sheets of paper. Its a shame as I enjoyed reading it sporadically. a recent article written about the old clansman CN in New Zealand using the Dymanena instead of wires was very interesting and enjoyable read.

They have also merged Seafood International with Intrafish

Just got my copy this morning when i got home and i have to say it is very dissapointing, i know personally the amount of work that Dave has put in over the last few years to make the book the way it was, for this years edition to be the way it is, its just a joke. I agree there with Mark, if i had payed for it i would be sending it back. Ill be emailing tim.oliver@fishingnews.co.uk to give him my thoughts on it and request that the book returns to the old format.

Default Fvb & I

Received a reply from Tim Oliver this morning, he will pass my thoughts on the the 'Project Manager'

75 for a paperback with half the content of lastyear, total ripoff,wont be buying it again unless it reverts to previosus format!!!!!

Got mine today,
    they really ripped us all off.
    They'll soon realise their ways when they sell no copies next year.