Angling Quota To Come Out Of Comerical Quota - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Angling Quota To Come Out Of Comerical Quota

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SW Scotland
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SandTiger View Post
    Slumming it
    But I work an under 10 also
    Hells bells...........kicked from all sides............it is not easy chief...........

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgirgan View Post
    Hells bells...........kicked from all sides............it is not easy chief...........
    Dontcha just love the challenges in life

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fraserburgh , Scotland
    Posts
    15,785

    Default

    Davey my post was only my initial thoughts. You are very right that when they do stock estimates the angling catch is added into the estimated natural mortality rates so there is an option of instead of taking the quota off the under 10's they should just take their estimates for the catch and make that their quota. No one looses and the stock estimates are unchanged.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davie Tait View Post
    Davey my post was only my initial thoughts.
    And quite right too, if anyone is coming after my business, I will protect it also by questioning the potential and actual possibilities proposed - Unfortunately a mis-informed article in the Times stated that "Anglers disagree, with many seeing the measures as an attempt by the commercial sector to impose “equality of misery” on recreational fishermen." which is clearly nonsense since we only keep undersize fish for our cats

    [http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...le5375688.ece]

    There are a few groups that have pushed for 'stakeholder status' whilst the majority of us just wished to keep our heads down and go on with our low-impact pursuits. (these bodies consist of very small numbers of anglers), but by the definition of being a 'body', they have earned a voice within Defra/EU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davie Tait View Post
    You are very right that when they do stock estimates the angling catch is added into the estimated natural mortality rates so there is an option of instead of taking the quota off the under 10's they should just take their estimates for the catch and make that their quota. No one looses and the stock estimates are unchanged.
    Thanks for confirming my thoughts Davie, any hard evidence you can supply on that will help expel some current myths that are running along the line of this being a large scale conspiracy run by the commercials against RSA

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgirgan View Post
    Hells bells...........kicked from all sides............it is not easy chief...........
    You 2 guys get everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for gods sake dont tell The Bottom Whine about it

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cumbria
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SandTiger View Post
    Slumming it
    But I work an under 10 also
    shame on you lol
    cull the seals

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fraserburgh , Scotland
    Posts
    15,785

    Default

    EU may impose quota curbs on part time fishermen
    http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fulls...fishermen.html
    Quote Originally Posted by fishupdate
    THE European Union has set its sights on the thousands of recreational sea fishermen who operate around Britain's coastline by limiting the number of fish they catch.

    Brussels wants to impose the same type of quota curbs in force against commercial fishermen to protect endangered species such as pollack, ling and even cod.

    At the moment there are few restrictions on weekend anglers, but many of them now have powerful boats and are bringing back increasing sized catches which are sometimes sold onto the retail trade, according to officials..

    The EU Commission has drawn up proposals to impose catching quotas on pleasure angling. Officials want these considered in allocating quotas to each nation, so that they would be deducted from what commercial fishermen are allowed catch. While details of the proposals are still being examined by interests in the sea angling sector, they would have a negative effect on the Irish angling industry, which is a major tourism economic asset.

    EU Fisheries Commissioner Joe Borg said the future of sustainable fisheries required Europe to replace an inefficient system with one that could really produce results.

    Under the plan each state would be given a quota for threatened species which would then be divided between commercial and recreational fishermen.

    But the Angling Trust has described the move as a " monstrous and inevitably chaotic intrusion of policing into the sport of a million men, women and children " who contribute 1 billion a year to UK economy and support 18,000 jobs.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgirgan View Post
    Worrying times for the RSA world tiggs............I am glad some are awake to the potential minefield developing round about them.............what's a nice guy like you doing in a place like this anyway.............
    Correct me if am wrong but was it not their own "organisations" that asked for EU recognition in the first place? If that is the case more fool them then.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Correct me if am wrong but was it not their own "organisations" that asked for EU recognition in the first place? If that is the case more fool them then.
    Be delighted to.

    A handful of self-appointed Angling Reps (and I use that term loosely) plus a couple of hundred members supporting them doesn't make up the rank and file. However, despite warnings, it is suggested that these Angling Reps have meddled with the EU instead of just keeping a low profile. So there could be some truth in what you say but the majority of sea anglers are mot card carrying members of these small groups and certainly nevever asked to be represented by them. You will only be to well aware that the likes of Defra find it far more convenient to talk to these apparent Angling Reps over individuals,

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SandTiger View Post
    Be delighted to.

    A handful of self-appointed Angling Reps (and I use that term loosely) plus a couple of hundred members supporting them doesn't make up the rank and file. However, despite warnings, it is suggested that these Angling Reps have meddled with the EU instead of just keeping a low profile. So there could be some truth in what you say but the majority of sea anglers are mot card carrying members of these small groups and certainly nevever asked to be represented by them. You will only be to well aware that the likes of Defra find it far more convenient to talk to these apparent Angling Reps over individuals,
    Squawkers attracted the political buzzards wonder if you could sue them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •