Angling Quota To Come Out Of Comerical Quota - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Angling Quota To Come Out Of Comerical Quota

Fair comment Davie It just gets a little annoying when ill informed people post comments on subjects they have no knowledge of

I try to make sure I know something about a topic before commenting ( suffered from foot-in-mouth a few times in the past !!! )

Quote Originally Posted by FileyBay View Post
    Fair comment Davie It just gets a little annoying when ill informed people post comments on subjects they have no knowledge of
    i regard myself as pretty well informed having started fishing in on east coast trawlers 44 yrs ago and for the last 20 odd yrs on my own small inshore trawler.i see anglers leave harbour with 2 crew and 6 rods heading for the channel wrecks returning with boxes of pollock,cod or if inshore bass .when challenged they allways say it is to be given to friends but in reallity it is sold to restaraunts or the 2 dodgy wet fish outlets.i am then told "we have enough fish".as for working with anglers i remember that the wanted a golden mile around the coast where no trawlers or netters could go.i believe the answer is as angling is a sport is a 2 fish bag limit and 1 barbless hook.

I can't make comment on the issue of boats with 2 crew and 6 rods aboard as this doesn't happen up on our coast,it's not viable to make anything.The guys you are reffering to are not anglers and shouldn't be classed as so.They are "commercial" fisherman who flout the laws to make a fast buck without forking out for a legal commercial license.They are as much an enemy to anglers as they are to the commercial boys.As for anglers pressing for the "golden mile",sensible anglers were against it as they know it wouldn't have effected them,the people who were pressing for it were self elected idiots who did not represent the voice of true anglers,these people have deeper agendas and are out to look after theirselves B.A.S.S....S.A.C.N are to name but 2 the bigwigs who claim to represent anglers are hated by true anglers.Just for the record pmac,i use a rubber hook when boat fishing for fun,seems kinder for the fishys.

Quote Originally Posted by FileyBay View Post
    I can't make comment on the issue of boats with 2 crew and 6 rods aboard as this doesn't happen up on our coast,it's not viable to make anything.The guys you are reffering to are not anglers and shouldn't be classed as so.They are "commercial" fisherman who flout the laws to make a fast buck without forking out for a legal commercial license.They are as much an enemy to anglers as they are to the commercial boys.As for anglers pressing for the "golden mile",sensible anglers were against it as they know it wouldn't have effected them,the people who were pressing for it were self elected idiots who did not represent the voice of true anglers,these people have deeper agendas and are out to look after theirselves B.A.S.S....S.A.C.N are to name but 2 the bigwigs who claim to represent anglers are hated by true anglers.Just for the record pmac,i use a rubber hook when boat fishing for fun,seems kinder for the fishys.
    unfortunately for the genuine rsa these unlicenced fishermen are classed as rsa by defra and the eec,so the outcome could be rsa get a bag limit and under 10 boats lose precious quota.to go back to one of my previous points,how can they penelize law abiding fishermen and rsa for the actions of a minority fishing for sale with rod and line while not having a licence or paying tax or ni.on the subject of rubber hooks,ithink thats stretching it a bit far. lol