Montrose built Sputniks

Thread: Montrose built Sputniks

Arrow Montrose built Sputniks

Hi i am building a model Sputnik Trawler that started its life as Ardshean ,Then became Diana II and ended up as Jasper and finally go chopped up in 2004.
    The model i am building is of the Diana SY299 as i was on her in 1983 training,
    I need to know the following She was powered by a Kelvin Diesel and approx 500hp does any one know the following
    1, How big was her propeller (this is so i can scale it down)
    2, Was the prop 3 or 4 bladed,
    3, was the prop left or right handed,
    4, I am sure she was Dark Blue but all the photos i can find she is black.
    I hope someone can help as it may only be a model but i want it correct.

Would think the prop would've been 48 inch , 4 blade and normally right handed that was the norm for the 500hp engines fitted to boats of that style and age

All the colour photos I can find of her as Diana show her with a black hull but they are all from the late 80's early 90's before she was sold to the east coast and repainted blue as Jasper BF

Thank you this will be very helpful i am pretty sure when i was on her she was dark blue.
    It has taken me from 1983 to now to find some plans so i am well on with it now.
    The next 1 i am building will be the Strathgarry SY88 or the Annandale SY333.
    These were all working from Stornoway when i was there.

Quote Originally Posted by captcurlers View Post
    Thank you this will be very helpful i am pretty sure when i was on her she was dark blue.
    It has taken me from 1983 to now to find some plans so i am well on with it now.
    The next 1 i am building will be the Strathgarry SY88 or the Annandale SY333.
    These were all working from Stornoway when i was there.
    The Diana was always black. The Barra boat "Reul na Maidne"was blue,as was the Annandale.
    http://trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/s...avalin&cat=516

Thank you i found a photo of the Diana when she was Ardshean LK514 and she is blue there with white masts wheelhouse,the accom was that buff/brown colour
    this is after she was converted to a stern trawler with her winch under the whaleback.