What’s going on ????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s going on ????

Lightbulb What’s going on ????

I have got mails and PMs the last days, members ask whats going on, I hope this can explain it..

The past days we have had a huge dispute between members, ex-members , and the administrators of this site.
    To make a short history long, the trawlerphotos was started by Dave Leishman, the site grow and he ran out of time and money to keep the site running, the bandwidth grow and it cost a lot of money.

When Ebbe and I, take over the site last year, the reason we take over was we like the site, and as old fishermen, also been fishing from Scotland for years, we like to discuss anything about fishing, and like to see photos from the sea. The objective of trawlerphotos, is to run a serious site for people whit relation and interest for the fishing industry.
    To get the site running perfectly with enough bandwidth, and a fast server, we decide to move the site to a dedicated server, and now we pay about £300 a month to keep the site running.

Some members would not follow the simple rules and was banned. It escalated and got personal, the previous admin left the site.
    We got a new admin but unfortunately things didn’t get better, and thing escalated again, with personal attack on the present admin and myself.

“In the heat of battle” ;-) there are things said, which should not be said, if someone is hurt I’m sorry, but I hope we can get along.
    It all ended up in a new site, some people started a new site www.trawlerpictures.net here is the link ;-), a site that is 99 % the same as trawlerphotos.

Members started to make links to the new site, and some members send get PM’s to other members recommending them to move their membership and photos to trawlerpictures, because the sender of the PMs is displeased with the way trawlerphotos is run.

Obviously we weren’t very pleased by this, we don’t pay money to run a site and have the members using it to hijack members to a new site.
    Now I have to say, it WASN’T the owner of trawlerpictures.net who hijack members, I have nothing against their site, but I do not like our site to be used to hijack members and personal attacks on myself and TrawlerAdmin.

This was the words, let’s talk fishing, and look at fishing photos.

If someone disagree with me, or have something to add, feel free to post a reply. If some of the banned members want to make a post please PM me, but I expect a fair and sober discussion.
    hyde
    ><(((((°>

so what happened to the previous thread I started on this subject. There seemed to be a sensible discussion, and good comments being made, but it was locked and now appears to have been deleted??

just wondering why

i looked at the other i site and i prefer this site.

what happened to the post from user killybegs?? seems to have went missing

Yes it was to personal to the prev. admin, I have send killybegs a PM and ask him to edit it.
    hyde
    ><(((((°>

Default pms

ok i have sent pms to people with the adress of the other site mostly my friends but i didnt say to leave this site i just said have a look and see what happens
    IF IN DOUBT GET THE HAMMER OUT , THE BIGGER THE DOUBT THE BIGGER THE HAMMER

http://www.slideshare.net/EUANKNOXY/...-troon-harbour

my website http://young-knoxy-marine-photography.webs.com/

One of the good things about not being with the moderating squad is the freedom it gives me to say "Well put, Hyde". Admin operates with the best intentions, trying to apply a fair set of rules and, one way or another, pays for the privilege.

It's an unfortunate fact of human nature that all sides can with the best of intentions finish up at cross purposes and give eachother a misserable time.

Here's to plainer sailing

right then, still a bit puzzling though.

I looked everywhere for my original thread and couldn't find it anywhere, but its back now (?) maybe I just didn't look properly

by reading the above post it looks like some comments on this thread dissappear quickly when posted. Hardly conducive to an informed discussion to get things resolved IMHO, Stifling debate will only build resentment

Members started to make links to the new site, and some members send get PM’s to other members recommending them to move their membership and photos to trawlerpictures, because the sender of the PMs is displeased with the way trawlerphotos is run.
    this bit is a a bit more worrying. If people were genuinely trying to get members to leave then fair enough. But... and here's the but, if PM's are Private how do you know

I can see only 2 possible reasons. anyone that has recieved a PM has reported to admin, would anyone be that bothered?? maybe maybe not. If it is true, then perhaps name and shame them, and allow them to try to defend themselves

or, a bit more worryingly, that admin read peoples PM's?? I sincerely hope not.

Admin cannot read peoples PM messages , we have received several PM messages from members with a forwarded PM asking them to leave this site for the trawlerpictures this is what Henning mentioned