check your driving licence

Thread: check your driving licence

Default check your driving licence

how many members knew that its a legal requiment to renew your photo card licence every 10 years he is an artice i put on another site
    as copied from LEGAL MATTERS TRUCK AND DRIVER (this didnt happen to me)

I was stopped for a roadside check by a police officer and asked to produce all my documents and tachographs and driving licence. i felt i had no problems as i have a clean driving licence for 20 years to my astonishment the officer advised me that my licence was invalid it seems my photo card driving licence was out of date. i should of received a renewal notice from dvla i didnt WHERE DO I STAND
    THE LEGAL REPLY
    All drivers have to check there licence carefully and the photo renewed every ten years failule to do so invaladtes your licence not only can you be convicted for not having a valid licence and finded up to 1000 your inscurance is invalid for the vehicle you drive

i should of put this up first might of made more sence hope this will help people in furture as it was something i didnt understand cheers paul.
    I KNOW NOTHING TO DO WITH FISHING BUT IF IT STOPS MEMBERS GETTIN FINED THEN MAYBE WAS WORTH READING

I know it none fishing but i wasnt aware of the ten year renewal so thought id share it to stop members getting into trouble

Thank you for bringing this up Paul as this will affect almost every member based in the UK so it is good to know about

Apparently the DVLA are supposed to issue a reminder several weeks before your licence expires, I never received a reminder when mine expired, I must of drove about for 3 month with an invalid licence and didn't even know it, have a new licence now though.

Default photo licence

Only got a paper licence,do I need a photo licence ?

Default Photo licence

If you've got a valid paper licence you don't need to take part in the photo licence confidence trick. As far as I can see it was a backdoor way of slipping in identity cards . . .