PDA

View Full Version : An old fishing vessel

ricckybail
4th September 2008, 16:00
just looking through the maritime list of vessels when i saw this:
gbr000a11321;retired;1993 02 23;St Margaret;cy176;castlebay;and the interesting point is that it was apparently built in 1913 at Rosehearty GBR.Can anyone confirm this and maybe shed light on what must be one of the oldest fishing boats in the register please?

stontamar
4th September 2008, 21:04
How about ENDEAVOUR PD167 a motor fifie built according to the register in 1908 in Fife, retired in 1994 and still sitting pretty on the jetty in Portgordon. I passed on the info to the scottish Fishing Museum. They dont know her identity and dont seem too interested in her - unfortunate!!

See http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41315&nocache=1. Also asked for help through this forum sometime ago but had no replies. See http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=813

Regards

stontamar

grahamtowa
4th September 2008, 21:16
Scuse me, Stonty, re your reference to no replies on this forum. You had replies from both Mark H and myself. You posted 2 pics of the boat and we both replied on the same one- not the one that you have the link to here, but your other pic.
Will not bother replying to any more of your requests for information, do your own research work.:(

ricckybail
5th September 2008, 08:25
Oh dear!!!thats two questions asked in two days and both ended in a slanging match.All i want is a chat and some info guys.Sorry i bothered.have a nice day

stontamar
5th September 2008, 08:32
Sorry grahamtowa I do profusely appologise. You are right both you and MarkH replied to the orginal photos I posted on 1 August and I much appreciated both replies.

What I did mean, and perhaps fumbled, was that I posted a reply I received from the Fisheries Museum in Anstruther againt one of the photos and also replicated this reply in the requests and research forum. The Fisheries Museum staff had been unable to trace the 1908 built ENDEAVOUR PD167 but came up with a number of alternatives. I was hoping that other members may have information relating to what was said by the Fisheries Museum but unfortunetaly these posts brought no replies.

There was no implied critisism meant or intended and if members can help I am sure they do. I hope you accept my apology and that you can find it possible to continue to help in future.

Regards

stontamar