PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Barend from Harlingen
7th April 2008, 10:34
How can I upload a nice avatar under my name? I.e. like moderator Martin Johns has.

Best regards,

Barend

martin johns
7th April 2008, 15:39
You need to ensure that the photo or picture is small enough to comply though Barend. You should be able to re-size it on most photo software.

Barend from Harlingen
7th April 2008, 19:16
Many thanks for the advice, gentlemen. But I cannot find "Edit Avatar" in the control panel of my private messages. How can? So I tried (in vain) the "profile picture".

Best regards from Barend.

Davie Tait
7th April 2008, 20:02
Click on the "User CP" button and look at the list on the left and you will see the option to edit your avatar.

The max size is 80x80 dpi and 19.5kb

Barend from Harlingen
8th April 2008, 10:14
Nope. Everything is there, like profile, password, etc. But no "edit avatar".

Sorry, Davie. But thanks for the advice!

Barend

airds
8th April 2008, 20:23
Close but no cigar - "Edit Profile Picture !"

ps Davie
the specs at that page say:-
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

martin johns
8th April 2008, 21:10
You only see "edit avatar" when you actually have an avatar, which I see you have now Barend so all is now well with the world. :)

Davie Tait
8th April 2008, 21:26
I had to do it from my end though Martin. I'll have to have a look at the system settings to see if everyone can normally have an Avatar or if its been restricted to moderator/admin accounts. Can't see any reason why everyone shouldn't be able to have one though

Davie Tait
8th April 2008, 21:34
Ok i've just tried with my test account and you can't upload an avatar as a normal member. I'll contact Henning to see if he can switch it on for everyone

Barend from Harlingen
8th April 2008, 22:22
Dear Gentlemen!

So this situation looks a bit like the book/movie "catch 22"...;)

Many thanks for all the trouble you took to give me an avatar.

Best regards,

Barend

Davie Tait
12th April 2008, 10:12
OK guys Henning has switched on the Avatars for everyone now so all the members can have an Avatar of their choice should they want one