PDA

View Full Version : Pop up links to adverts

stontamar
16th June 2012, 10:14
Not sure if anyone else has seen links to adverts appear in gallery postings. I have had a number of these pop up so far an example being an asyinline advert to win an iphone opened through the word 'frames' as posted by harryboy. Not suggesting this is anything to do with harryboy quite the contrary as it happened to me when I insert a new photo in the galley last night.

I am not sure if this is being done deliberately to generate advertising revenue or ir some one has hacked into the web site without authority, which ever is the case its is frankly annoying.

Regards

stontamar

Please see - Cygnus GM16 Fitted out from hull and frames 2 years ago , dodger just fitted a couple of weeks ago .
#1 Sat, June, 16, 2012 9:19am see http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=151930

Ironical just noticed a pop up advert is appearing in this post (see win an iphone)!!!

stontamar
16th June 2012, 10:16
The links disappeared and reappeared it seems that the link is not always activated!!

stontamar

Davie Tait
16th June 2012, 16:05
we've got a new system in place to stop the hackers , they might have managed to put a link in but the new software will remove the code as soon as we detect it

stontamar
16th June 2012, 17:40
Thanks Davie not sure how effective the new software is, the pop ups are still appearing. Had another two this afternoon from members responses to some of my photos.

Regards

stonatamr

stontamar
26th August 2012, 20:42
Hi there are so many pop ups appearing now that it is becoming a hinderance to the smooth running and enjoyment of the site. Is there nothing that can be done to get rid of this awful virus (virus used in the widest possible terms).

Regards

stontamar

3762dazzer
26th August 2012, 21:42
Try changing your browser Stontamar.

I use Google Chrome I don't get any pop ups at all

Davie Tait
27th August 2012, 15:27
In Firefox you go into Tools , Options , Content then put a tick in the Block POP UPS

There will be a way of doing this in Internet Explorer as well

Davie

stontamar
27th August 2012, 16:47
Many thanks Davie for advice.

stontamar