PDA

View Full Version : Request for help guys

Davie Tait
18th February 2008, 20:03
We've had an Email from a Photography Student who wants to document traditional fishing methods and vessels

Hi, my name is Craig Earl I am a final year photography student at CCAD Hartlepool.
I am currently researching for my final photographic project.I am looking to document traditional fishing vessels and their crews before new quotas and legislations force them to either look for new jobs or to come up to date with new rules.
The reason behind wanting to photograph traditional fishermen is because of the disappearing traditions. As a country, modernisation is round everycorner, with a government constantly looking for change and for a new , environmental, economical way of doing things. This means that more traditional ways are being pushed into the past, with its workers being left behind and their lives being forgotten.
I aim to document this disappearing fishing community before it is gone. I was wondering if there was any chance you could forward this to any crews or boats that you know of or possibly let me know anyone I can contact about following this up that would be willing to take me on for a week or so.There would be no fees to pay and I would naturally respect the wishes of all crew members. I am willing to offer copies of all the photos that I take to the crew and I would also intend on getting feedback from the crew as to any shots they would like or any way they wouldn't like to be represented.
I am also looking for older or retired crew members as I am very keen to listen to any 'stories' or information they may have about older ways of fishing.
If there is any chance you could help me or point me in the right direction for me to get my project off the ground, I would be eternally grateful.

Yours sincerely,
Craig Earl
Student

If anyone feels able to help Craig or can put forward a point of contact for him please let me know and I will pass on the information to him.

Davie