PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Front Page Format

stontamar
20th April 2012, 17:55
Can I please ask if the front page that provides access to the various photograph categories has changed or have I done something to change the default setting.

The present setting is headed Gallery: Jim Pottinger and has a break down of each category headed with a description of the category and a thumbnail view of the latest photograph loaded into that category.

Purely personal view but if it has changed, and I haven't disturbed the default setting in some way, I much prefer, for ease of use, the old format.

Regards

stontamar

Davie Tait
20th April 2012, 17:57
It has changed for now I'm afraid , after the last update to the forum software the thumbnails were too large and covering the descriptions so no one could read them , the only way around this was to switch it to the format we have just now , we're waiting to update the gallery software and once thats done I'm hopeful we'll be able to switch it back to the way it was before

Davie

stontamar
20th April 2012, 18:14
Thanks Davie I will stop trying find out what I had done to the Gallery front page. I hope it can be changed, the previous format gave a more professional look to layout and, as I mentioned, in my view was easier to navigate.

Incidentally I cannot recall experiencing any difficulty in reading the descriptions or indeed noticing that the thumbnails were covering the description. Was it a fault that affected everyone of was it more related to individual computer settings?

Cheers

stontamar

Davie Tait
20th April 2012, 19:55
it was affecting almost everyone even my pc , its been a trying 2 months must admit , think I've got more grey hairs in my beard than I did ( thankfully not my hair on my head yet lol )