PDA

View Full Version : Spinningdale class trawlers

Davie Tait
12th February 2007, 23:56
Well i've finally managed to compile a full ( well as full as I can be sure of ) list of the 47 side trawlers in the class ( included is the original prototype Mount Royal built in 1963 ). I am in the process of writing a website for the research i've done and i'm in the process of getting the permission from the main photo sources i've used.

I'll put a link in the links section once the site is up and running. I've only got 2 boats that i've not got photo's for and thats the Elinor Viking A278 and the Acacia Wood INS205 so if anyone has any photo's and is willing to allow me to upload them to the website ( max size is 300x200 pixels to ensure no one can easily copy the images ) I would be very gratefull.

Davie Tait

japottinger
13th February 2007, 16:28
Hello Davie,
I have a slide of above, and there is an advt. shot of Acacia Wood in an old copy of Commercial Fishing.

mainsys
22nd May 2008, 10:44
Well i've finally managed to compile a full ( well as full as I can be sure of ) list of the 47 side trawlers in the class ( included is the original prototype Mount Royal built in 1963 ). I am in the process of writing a website for the research i've done and i'm in the process of getting the permission from the main photo sources i've used.

I'll put a link in the links section once the site is up and running. I've only got 2 boats that i've not got photo's for and thats the Elinor Viking A278 and the Acacia Wood INS205 so if anyone has any photo's and is willing to allow me to upload them to the website ( max size is 300x200 pixels to ensure no one can easily copy the images ) I would be very gratefull.

Davie Tait

My brother (Peter McKenzie) was one of the owners of the Acacia Wood and I attended the launch, a number of photo's were taken by the Aberdeen newspaper and sold to the people there; mine was unfortunatly destroyed in a house fire, i have emailed all of the surviving relatives with a request for a copy of the launch photo.