PDA

View Full Version : sh263 - challenge

MarkH
3rd February 2008, 17:09
this one ring any bells with anyone/ any history??..

as part of the ongoing search this one turned up almost on my doorstep, in Brid

Link to site deleted due to ongoing photo copyright issues. Sorry.

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F170487

seanetter
3rd February 2008, 20:23
She was built at Macduff in Scotland as the Transcend BCK 75,i think there is a image of her on this site somewhere.Go to the vintage sector and type in Transcend and you will see a photo of her being launched when new

MarkH
3rd February 2008, 21:01
awesome! some fantastic pics in there, love the fact there's plenty of history. This could be the one! eternally grateful! just watch this space!

fastcat
3rd February 2008, 21:38
No mention or links to **** please , due to ongoing copyright theft problems , Davie Tait Admin

MarkH
3rd February 2008, 22:17
sorry about the link, didn't realise

fastcat
3rd February 2008, 23:39
Me neither :rolleyes:

young ronnie
5th February 2008, 00:02
She was in Oban around the late70s or early80s, called Intrepid,and owned by an ex Fraserburgh man Alec John Downie(his brother had the FR Emerald) I think he got her from the Channel Islands.A 95 Gardner in her,replaced in SH by a 150 gardner.Remember her in the early 70s at the sprats at Inverness,think she was BCK then.Alec John sold her to SH sometime in the80s.Not a lot of info but something.Regards to you.

MarkH
5th February 2008, 10:51
She was in Oban around the late70s or early80s, called Intrepid,and owned by an ex Fraserburgh man Alec John Downie(his brother had the FR Emerald) I think he got her from the Channel Islands.A 95 Gardner in her,replaced in SH by a 150 gardner.Remember her in the early 70s at the sprats at Inverness,think she was BCK then.Alec John sold her to SH sometime in the80s.Not a lot of info but something.Regards to you.

every little helps ronnie! many thanks

she still fishing at the minute, so I've got to try catch her when she's not at sea, but hoping to get there at some point this weekend

sam
5th February 2008, 19:03
She's potting out of Bridlington at the moment, shouldn't be much trouble finding her as most of Bridlingtons potting fleet don't go out for much more than twenty four hours. Normally, they'll leave early in the moring and return sometime in between two and seven in the afternoon.

MarkH
5th February 2008, 19:09
aye, thats the plan, get there late afternoon and hang around... might take a rod and wet a line from the pier to pass the time!

watchman
19th February 2008, 17:43
before she went to brid she was brian cox boat was trawling and netting out of sh

ally
19th February 2008, 18:52
Nice photo of her called Challange on the site. http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/data/736/OB_280_Challenge_3_.jpg

MarkH
19th February 2008, 21:15
cracking pic that, must be early 80's before she was converted to potting??

RubyRoo
14th September 2008, 12:41
now painted green out of the water at the moment with big hole in her side and she's not fishing any more getting converted to a house boat

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=45106

looked a lot beter like this

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=45111

MarkH
14th September 2008, 16:23
Big Hole??

gardnerman
23rd September 2008, 21:06
Just to update anyone interested,CHALLENGE being floated at Brid on thursday after hull planking and if all goes well will be sailing for the Humber on Sat.The plan is to overwinter on the trent and continue repairs and retimbering.

MarkH
23rd September 2008, 21:46
Where on the trent she going?? Noticed gainsborough in your profile bit... Used to live in West Stockwith and worked in the yard there for a while back in the dark ages!

so how did she get holed??

gardnerman
29th September 2008, 22:21
The 'hole in the side 'was the removal of 2 planks with worm in and 3 which were worn thin.She is now in the Trent at the roses' wharf.Photos to follow soon.

cynthia
7th January 2009, 15:44
when Brian Cox brought her to Scarborough she was called INTREPID and registered in Oban.

twd
10th June 2011, 15:51
Spent many school holidays on this boat when she was netting on wrecks and trawling from SH in the 80's. Her crew back then was, Walter Crawford, Bill Jenkinson and Julian Barker. Brings back some treasured memories seeing the pictures.

I've not seen Brian Cox for many years until last week on Sky News!!!