PDA

View Full Version : New Holland Photos wanted

brixham-trawler-race
28th January 2008, 15:23
Does anyone in the area have any photos of the vessels being broken up in Nov last year, BM 234, BM 241, BM 77, plus the Newlyn vessels please ? Trev

sam
28th January 2008, 17:50
I think there are some of two beamers, one towing the other down the Humber (either the pair that towed from Newlyn or one of the other ports) on Ship Spotting. I also remember seeing some on a photo hosting site, either Flickr or Fotopic.

Also, if it's of any intrest to you, there are photos on my Fotopic site (click my username, adress is in my profile) of the Sara Cathryn Stevenson leaving port for the last time (they are deemed not to show the vessel clearly enough for this site).

HD191
29th January 2008, 15:25
Take a look at Shipdata.nl! A few photo's made by Trevor Leamans

HD191
29th January 2008, 16:39
Also here some pictures...
http://kotterfoto.web-log.nl/kotterfoto/brixham_bm/index.html

martin johns
29th January 2008, 20:39
As Sam said there are some on Shipspotting Trev. In the near shore fishing boat section but you would have to plough back through the pages a bit.
De Vrouw / Joy in one picture & Daisy / Jelle in another.

You could also trying looking at the photos on Shipdata by that other chap that was mentioned :D

brixham-trawler-race
30th January 2008, 13:48
Thank you chaps, I should have been clearer. I was wondering if there were any photos of those vessels actually AT the breakers, just to complete their history........Re that other chap, I have met him a couple of times...His photography skills are superb, and he has to be one of the most intelligent, gentle, knowledgable people I have ever met, I know you would agree Martin......

martin johns
30th January 2008, 14:25
Couldn't agree more :D :D :D

I just had a quick look on Flickr. Type in "new holland" & you get thousands of tractors.

dutch
2nd February 2008, 19:02
yes that guy who put photos on shipdata of bm trawlers is one of the best photographers I know :-)

btw http://www.shipdata.nl/index.php?mode=shippicture&FotoID=33970&SchipID=79

this will be the new BM172

martin johns
2nd February 2008, 21:44
Did that one come from the same yard as the Sasha Emiel Rienk ?

brixham-trawler-race
3rd February 2008, 06:09
Presumably it will be a new addition to Dave Langdons fleet. If so, I will try & find out her new name......I've done about 3 of your DVD's Rienk....your replacement on it's way this week Martin.

dutch
3rd February 2008, 10:23
no martin, this one is a sister of admiral grenville ph550

kerrie marie will be her new name, saw her yesterday in Ijmuiden, but still with dutch registry, so first see, and then believe

brixham-trawler-race
4th February 2008, 15:08
Thanks Rienk, we'll look out for her, .............:)

brixham-trawler-race
17th February 2008, 07:45
Seems BM 77, 241 and 234 may not have been scrapped at New Holland, but Grimsby instead.....anyone any definite knowledge of this please ??Trev

sam
17th February 2008, 10:46
I was in Grimsby in October, around the time they were scrapped, and there was no sign of them in the fish docks (i.e. they weren't scrapped on the slip there). The place is pretty inaccessible though, so I could have missed them.

Xskipper
29th February 2008, 14:36
The 3 boats you mention were definately cut up in New Holland.
Up until Aug 2006, I had been Skipper of BM 234- De Vrouw Marie for 12 years, having served aboard her for 18 years altogether, so was quite sad to see her go..:(
I now have the nameplate in my garage..

Might be able to get some pics, if I can I will post them...

brixham-trawler-race
2nd March 2008, 20:24
I agree, I think she was one of the finest looking vessels in the Brixham fleet, very sorry to see her go. Geeske might be her sister, but doesnt look a patch on her. Glad I have plenty of video footage to savour !!

brixham-trawler-race
13th March 2008, 14:25
Loads of video footage now uploaded to Youtube.....please take a look....type in Brixham Trawler Race