PDA

View Full Version : Cygnus models

Jordan
19th January 2008, 21:00
anyone can help how can i get hull of the cygnus modle and where can i order it from?

nhp651
19th January 2008, 23:52
hi, if you contact a company called www.modelsbydesign.co.uk they do hulls/superstructures for the cygnus 38, 26, DS25, GM33, GM40, SF33 and the cygnus Revenge 38 fast fishing boat. hope this helps,neil.

go onto their web page, look on the list for "work boats" and scroll down towards the bottom of the list to see photos of them all.

william1
23rd January 2008, 19:22
they do some intresting models,thats a good link m8

nhp651
2nd February 2008, 21:27
Jordan. in the new magezine Marine Modeling Monthly out today, there is an article about the cygnus sf33 and how to build one from models by design. might be of interest to you.neil.

nhp651
2nd February 2008, 21:28
Jordan. in the new magazine Marine Modeling Monthly out today, there is an article about the cygnus sf33 and how to build one from models by design. might be of interest to you.neil.

martin johns
2nd February 2008, 21:50
I saw that article in the marine modelling magazine too Neil. It looks to be a nice model & well moulded.
It's a GM 33 though, not a SF 33 as that one has a bulbous bow & should be more beamy than the GM 33. Quite impressive though, very tempted to order one.

nhp651
3rd February 2008, 18:52
cheers, martin.stand corrected.
I was skimming through in the papershop and by the time I'd got back home had forgotten whether it was sf or the gm, and typically of me picked the wrong one.
just my luck.
I'd win a hamper in a raffle when on a diet, me???

Jordan
3rd February 2008, 20:29
hey neil

which magazine Marine Modeling Monthly ?

i cant find it in the shop!

martin johns
3rd February 2008, 22:56
Hi Neil, Sorry, I wasn't correcting you. You had remembered right.
It was the magazine that had incorrectly described the boat as a SF 33. Not that it matters to most model-makers.
Those "Models by design" models do look quite authentic though

nhp651
3rd February 2008, 22:58
I stand corrected again, jordan.
it's now called "Marine modelling International", for some reason.
it's got a picture this month on the cover of 44-018 waveney class lifeboat and is the february 2008 issue.
cheers,neil.

martin, no probs.
the company itself has just bought out all of the moulds that Metcalf Mouldings used to produce as well. there models are really nice stuff, and the two lads that run it are also very approachable, so I'm told.

nhp651
3rd February 2008, 23:29
lads, theres a cygnus gm38 ( as discribed ) on ebay at the moment for sale for auction.( model that is)
I don't know whether I can give the number of the item on her so if you go onto ebay and put in a search for cygnus gm38 it should come up.
other wise pm me and I'll give you the item number, but off to bed now, knackered.neil.