PDA

View Full Version : uploading problems

valhalla
11th January 2008, 18:55
I have successfully uploaded many photos onto this site, but I also have many failed attempts. It seems to be photos I have edited or scanned that I have problems with. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

martin johns
11th January 2008, 19:40
I have found that pictures don't tend to load if they are bigger than 1024 x 768 pixels. I think the upoad process times out. If the pictures are bigger than this I reduce the size on Irfan view which is a free download program. Link below.
http://www.irfanview-stop.com/index.asp?s=go-uk&a=irfanview&kw=irfanview

valhalla
11th January 2008, 20:28
Thank you Martin, I have downloaded the programme to re-size my pics, which was successful, but now it is saying they are the wrong format.

Rob Andrew
11th January 2008, 20:31
If it's scanned images that are the biggest problem, can you adjust the scanner's resolution? 240ppi to 300ppi should produce handy image sizes from most photos with a long side under 5". That's pixels per inch, about 100 pixels per cm if you're metricated.

If adjusting the scanner isn't an option, the program Martin Johns mentions does the job. I try to post my photos at 1500pixels for the long side.

Good luck.

valhalla
11th January 2008, 20:38
dont quite know what i have done but it seems to be working now. thanks for all of your help.