PDA

View Full Version : A bit of an odd question

Landlubber
26th December 2007, 00:09
I'm tracing my family tree and I have several generations of Whitby fishermen dating back to the 1600s in it. All of them were Scorfields. Does anyone on here have any information relating to this family that they would be prepared to share with me?

I'm also trying to find a link between my family and the Framptons - Ronnie owned WY141 "Golden Hope", a picture of which is in the gallery here. I used to stay with Ronnie's mother in Borough Place, just off Church Street, Whitby, as a child.

If anyone has any clues, I'd be eternally grateful.

Landlubber :confused:

grahamtowa
26th December 2007, 09:36
Ronnie is still around in WY, I was speaking with him last time I was down there, early Nov.

Landlubber
26th December 2007, 22:58
I know Ronnie is still around - I was speaking to an old school mate of Davey's in September and he updated me! I have to say I was surprised, I thought he was long gone.

I don't suppose you've heard of any of my ancestors, the Scorfields, have you? :confused:

grahamtowa
27th December 2007, 11:43
No, Sorry mate, just happened to get talking to Ronnie in a pub.

Landlubber
27th December 2007, 21:49
No, Sorry mate, just happened to get talking to Ronnie in a pub.

As you would! Would it have been one in Church Street by any chance? I seem to recall my Grandfather used to drink in most of the pubs in Church Street and he used to meet Ronnie in them all!

grahamtowa
7th January 2008, 12:05
just back from Whitby. Didnt meet Ronnie this time.Itwas in the Elsinore, Flowergate, that I met him last time.

Landlubber
9th January 2008, 23:20
Oh blimey! He must have been barred from all the Church Street pubs then!:)

David Frampton
10th February 2008, 00:30
Oh blimey! He must have been barred from all the Church Street pubs then!:)

Hi I am Ronnie's Grandson. I may not be following the family line with fishing but my father is still fishing in whitby and my grandad is still making pots.

Grandad doesn't make it over to the Black Horse much anymore, the Elsinore is his watering hole usally.

If I can help in anyway just let me know

Landlubber
12th February 2008, 00:13
I have sent you a PM - I think your dad may be the recipient of an RNLI "Thanks on Vellum" award (or was it higher than that?)

Landlubber
24th February 2008, 00:06
David, I'm coming up to Whitby in March as it's my mum's birthday. I'm sure she'd love to see you dad and grandad again. Please get in touch.

Landlubber
22nd August 2008, 22:11
I've not had a reply from David - does anyone know how to get in touch with him or his dad or grandad? Does Grahamtowa still post here?

My mum is 82 and not in the best of health. I'd love her to meet up with Davey or Ronnie if possible.

sam
22nd August 2008, 22:54
Don't know if this is of any help, but his dad (David SNR) currently skippers Defiant WY219 out of Whitby. There are a lot of photos of her in the gallery and they're in and out fairly regularly.

paul@paulhobson
23rd August 2008, 16:18
landlubber sent you a pm hope it helps

Landlubber
25th August 2008, 20:20
Sam and Paul,

Thanks very much for your help in this. I am most grateful.

Sheila