PDA

View Full Version : wheelhouse decals

remus
9th November 2010, 13:43
can anybody tell me where i can get some decals of wheelhouse equipment ?
bow wave models used to do them , but i think they are not trading any more !

Manx Venture
9th November 2010, 15:42
i did 1 of my model wheelhouse out with the pics of electronics from the fishing news/irish skipper adverts, the screens are about same size, also sea angler magazine is glossy and has lots of adverts

bill wood
9th November 2010, 19:05
How about taking photos ,or scanning from brochures then scaling them to size on your computer before printing on to photo paper or slide transfer media

Regds
Bill

remus
11th November 2010, 09:53
thanks lads for the idea's for the decals , will have a go !

;)

delta
23rd November 2010, 20:00
I would like to print on to Decal Ink Jet paper which I purchased yesterday, but dont have a clue where to begin? Is it possible to create the shading that is seen on the registration of fishing boats when printing on to this ink jet decal paper. Do I need some kind of programme? thanks fo help:confused:

Manx Venture
23rd November 2010, 21:56
when we piut the stickers on our boat we use 2 sets, 1 white on top and 1 coloured underneath so they overlap and look like shading so u could print 2 and do it that way

Davie Tait
23rd November 2010, 22:51
Here's a thought guys , if you've a camera handy in the wheelhouse take photos of the screens of the radar/plotter/sounder and post them in the reference pics section of the gallery that way anyone can print them out to scale for a model.